UK auction 716M

All things not relating to the other forums.
one2many
Australia

UK auction 716M

Post by one2many »

For those in UK this one could end up being a cheap 716M because it's a little rough around the edges.

https://whitelabel.globalauctionplatfor ... enturl=wca

Three complete 716/718 front axle sets are up for grabs in the following three lots
1985 pinzgauer 712K factory 2.7lt civilian (RHD, 4 door K)
1979 Volvo tgb 1314a (under construction to om606 diesel/722.6 trans. Dual cab/tray)
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Re: UK auction 716M

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Someone needs to grab those axles too!
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

This is the second P93 I've seen listed with a 1.9TD engine.. it should be a 2.4l.
It is missing the rear air suspension's compressor and components, but still sets almost level which leads me to believe that the rear springs were replaced with higher capacity ones. ( originally the rear would look like a dog squatting until the air springs would level it).
Interestingly, another 716M of the same era was auctioned last year and it too had the lockers switches relocated to the main dash from the center panel. Surprisingly, it had a "Pinzgauer and gear" logo on the front radiator cover instead of the typical SDP one. ( could have been a late replacement for a damaged cover)

I wonder what the reserve is on it?...
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
pinzmeister-uk
Great Britain

Post by pinzmeister-uk »

That Pinz is the sister vehicle to mine this one is 79KL99 mine was 80KL99 they are indeed VW 2.4 (mine is now 3.0 BMW) The reason for the switches being moved to the dash board is the trucks were equipped for deep wading, all the electrics were waterproofed the altenator had a quick disconnect, the dash had a waterproof cover and fuses and relays were relocated in waterproof boxes in the foot well and bulkhead. Reserve on the last few 716's in that sort of condition was £6000 gbp.
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Hey Nigel,
LOL Your truck was the one I was referring to when at auction. Do you have any pics to what it looks like today? The 2.4 in it back then did look bad.
I'm curious if you left the manual trans in it or changed to a auto ? If my memory serves me right :roll: , you did one of these 3.0 conversions a few years back. A very slick job..Have you ever found a way to put an a/c unit in there?

Cheers
Dave
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
pinzmeister-uk
Great Britain

Post by pinzmeister-uk »

The auction finished on the Pinz today and it went for £10,000 GBP. I've now done 4 BMW 3.0 diesel conversions (after saying I would never do another one after the first!!) always used the auto box (ZF 4HP22) If I find time I have a manual Pinz gearbox and a spare BMW engine which I'de like to try and mate up.
Sorry Dave, this is England so I've not been asked about an air con unit, it would only get used for a couple of days each year!!