Keep me in mind when you want to upgrade from a 710m to 712m

All things not relating to the other forums.
audiocontr
United States of America

Keep me in mind when you want to upgrade from a 710m to 712m

Post by audiocontr »

I've posted before that im interested in "side grading" :lol:

I started with a 710m, and now three trucks later onto my second 712. I no longer transport as many people as i did over the past 5 years, and the 712 is a bit wasted. Combine that with tight garage space and the desire for a smaller trailer (and lower towing capacity on my gas truck), and... well... a 710 is now of interest again. I would entertain a trade. However, and please understand, I'm picky about what I'm looking for in my 710. I'd like to trade sideways, not down. See below.

My truck:
-No idea on mileage :wink: It has an electric speedo so who knows what it had before. I see no evidence of excessive miles, and I drive it less than 10x a year. Handles and drives wonderfully.
-Nice tan paint job on upper half and lower half undercoated and painted grey.
-It has mechanical leaks here and there. Nothing excessive. Nothing im concerned about. Its enough to see wet spots after a long distance drive, but nothing that my once a year fluid changes would identify as a loss of fluid. I'd feel uncomfortable if i didnt state it
-No rust
-Carbs rebuilt by Jim and less than 100 miles on them
-High speed transmission
-Pinzssi Ignition
-Three options for front seats - Off road Beard 3 points, Honda CRX or aftermarket Corvette seats
-All rear seats, nicely redone with camo outdoor material
-Rear etrack
-multifuel heater installed (needs new seal)
-Brand new front springs
-new shocks all around.
-Massive custom front bumper with winch
-Two rear tops. One in 8/10 shape with one piece side panels. Needs one window replaced. Also comes with a split side rear thats a little rough around the edges, and good windows (6/10). Front top is a 7/10
-Upper front doors are newer as someone stole my originals :x
-Tires are big, knobby and dry rotted. They came that way from the previous owner, and I've run them for 5 years without an issue

All and all, its a fine truck in better than average condition. Its not pristine, but it is my favorite of all of the trucks ive owned.

Your truck:
TAN! I'm not kidding. I do not want to go through the trouble of painting
Physical and mechanical condition at par with mine
Has a decent roof rack, or other items (tough river top) to make up the delta at time of trade. Very interested in a 710 with a roof rack
Attachments
PassengerSideViewFrontDirt.jpg
PassengerSideViewFrontDirt.jpg (185.15 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)