Car show Pinzgauer/haflinger info signs?

All things not relating to the other forums.
audiocontr
United States of America

Car show Pinzgauer/haflinger info signs?

Post by audiocontr »

It's car show season again in Detroit. This year the Pinzgauer and haffie were selected for ford's employee car show, and I'd like to have a nice info sheet created on sign board. Have any of you created something similar in the past? I'd like to create something to share with the pinz community, so opinions of content are welcomed. I'd even like to include the real 4x4 logo if OK with you vince.
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
whitesik
United States of America

Re: Car show Pinzgauer/haflinger info signs?

Post by whitesik »

The mad scientist info was the first thing that came to my mind. It has been a great help to me as a new owner and I am sure you are already aware of it. Perhaps you can get one of the tech info sheets or brochures enlarged for your poster.

http://madscientisthut.com/sdp-pin/html/site_map.html
75 Swiss 710K
Not so new owner but still a novice
W9YG
bbolander
United States of America

Post by bbolander »

I printed this text on a letter size sheet of paper, put it in a plastic loose leaf protector, and taped it to the side window of my Pinz at the Mesquite Mania car show last January.

1971 STEYR-DAIMLER-PUCH PINZGAUER

The Pinzgauer is one of the most capable all-terrain vehicles ever made, and came in 4x4 and 6x6 configurations from the factory in Graz, Austria. It was, and is, in use in many armies around the world including Austria, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Albania and Bolivia. 167 were produced in 1971. 18,731 were produced from 1971 to 2000.

From News Release Announcements - 1971

Pinzgauer - the newest mechanical horse in our Army. Transport vehicle Including:

Center frame chassis with independent axles
All-wheel drive with selective front wheel drive, identical front and rear axle drives; selective differential locks
90 HP Air cooled petrol engine
Fully synchronized multi-speed gearbox and selective additional gearbox
Steering in front of engine and loading platform support

The need for a robust engine needing little maintenance and no over-heating calls for air cooling rather than water cooling. Since no suitable production engine was available, the 4 cylinder, 2.5 liter in-line engine was developed to suit the special needs of the Pinzgauer. Lubrication is provided regardless of vehicle orientation by 2 oil pumps and is cooled by an oil cooler. Dual carburetors provide fuel regardless of vehicle orientation. The engine orientation is angled to protect it from underneath damage and reduce engine space.

The 5 speed synchronized transmission and low range transfer case provide a 10:1 gear reduction. Front and rear differentials and off-set portal axle gears at each wheel provide an overall reduction ratio in low range of 58:1. Full engine torque is provided from 2.5 mph to 62 mph. With the exception of one drive shaft, the entire drive train is encased in a strong backbone tubular housing.

Hydraulic lockers that can be engaged on the fly at any speed are provided in the transfer case and front and rear differentials.

Additional specs:

Approach and departure angles = 45 degrees
Break-over angle = 136 degrees
Side slope = 40 degrees
Ground clearance = 13-17 inches depending on load
Fording depth = 27.2 inches
Carries 10 people in the 4x4, 12 in the 6x6 including passenger and driver
Payload = 2,200 lbs
Towing capacity = 5,000 lbs
Maximum speed = 62 mph
1971 Pinzgauer 710M, all stock including 245-16 Maloya tires, taken off and stored for show
BFG MT KM2 265/75R16's on Black SAV replacement rims on now
Garrycol
Australia

Post by Garrycol »

This may be of interest.

I cannot recall where I got it so I cannot credit the author but I think it is someone on here or on TheHaflinger.com

So if the designer is on here please own up.
Story Board.pdf
(1.91 MiB) Downloaded 228 times
1973 Haflinger AP700
1977 Landrover FC 101
2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6
1971 Jaguar Series 3 E-Type Conv
1957 Landrover 88" Station Wagon
1957 Landrover 88"
bbolander
United States of America

Post by bbolander »

bbolander wrote:I printed this text on a letter size sheet of paper, put it in a plastic loose leaf protector, and taped it to the side window of my Pinz at the Mesquite Mania car show last January.

1971 STEYR-DAIMLER-PUCH PINZGAUER

The Pinzgauer is one of the most capable all-terrain vehicles ever made, and came in 4x4 and 6x6 configurations from the factory in Graz, Austria. It was, and is, in use in many armies around the world including Austria, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Albania and Bolivia. 167 were produced in 1971. 18,731 were produced from 1971 to 2000.

From News Release Announcements - 1971

Pinzgauer - the newest mechanical horse in our Army. Transport vehicle Including:

Center frame chassis with independent axles
All-wheel drive with selective front wheel drive, identical front and rear axle drives; selective differential locks
90 HP Air cooled petrol engine
Fully synchronized multi-speed gearbox and selective additional gearbox
Steering in front of engine and loading platform support

The need for a robust engine needing little maintenance and no over-heating calls for air cooling rather than water cooling. Since no suitable production engine was available, the 4 cylinder, 2.5 liter in-line engine was developed to suit the special needs of the Pinzgauer. Lubrication is provided regardless of vehicle orientation by 2 oil pumps and is cooled by an oil cooler. Dual carburetors provide fuel regardless of vehicle orientation. The engine orientation is angled to protect it from underneath damage and reduce engine space.

The 5 speed synchronized transmission and low range transfer case provide a 10:1 gear reduction. Front and rear differentials and off-set portal axle gears at each wheel provide an overall reduction ratio in low range of 58:1. Full engine torque is provided from 2.5 mph to 62 mph. With the exception of one drive shaft, the entire drive train is encased in a strong backbone tubular housing.

Hydraulic lockers that can be engaged on the fly at any speed are provided in the transfer case and front and rear differentials.

Additional specs:

Approach and departure angles = 45 degrees
Break-over angle = 136 degrees
Side slope = 40 degrees
Ground clearance = 13-17 inches depending on load
Fording depth = 27.2 inches
Carries 10 people in the 4x4, 12 in the 6x6 including passenger and driver
Payload = 2,200 lbs
Towing capacity = 5,000 lbs
Maximum speed = 62 mph
EDIT: MOST OF MY DISPLAY TEXT CAME FROM AN AUTOMOBIL REVIEW REPRINT FROM NUMBER 25 - 1971 THAT I FOUND ONLINE.
my pinzgauer display sign.jpg
my pinzgauer display sign.jpg (448.31 KiB) Viewed 3860 times
1971 Pinzgauer 710M, all stock including 245-16 Maloya tires, taken off and stored for show
BFG MT KM2 265/75R16's on Black SAV replacement rims on now
63rover
Canada

Post by 63rover »

Please let us know when the show will be! S. Ontario is not that far for some of us to drive down.

Cheers, Clive
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Garrycol wrote:This may be of interest.

I cannot recall where I got it so I cannot credit the author but I think it is someone on here or on TheHaflinger.com

So if the designer is on here please own up.
Story Board.pdf
Thanks mine and I have a Pinz one too.
I have to find and will post for anyone to use.
It was designed to be booklet printed on 1 11x17 sheet and folded
Dan
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
Garrycol
Australia

Post by Garrycol »

Thanks Dan - was a bit reluctant to post up with appropriate accreditation but I thought why not as long as I did not take credit.

I have never used it but it is a nice document to give an overview of Steyr etc.

I now know who to reference it too :D

Garry
1973 Haflinger AP700
1977 Landrover FC 101
2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6
1971 Jaguar Series 3 E-Type Conv
1957 Landrover 88" Station Wagon
1957 Landrover 88"
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Here is the Pinz one I made up a couple of years ago as well.
Anyone is free to use them and if someone see's something wrong then pls let me know!
I will probably update them with some newer pix (like of my stuff :) )

4 page Pinz
Pinzgauer Handout b - 4 pages.pdf
(954.72 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
4 page Hafi one
Haflinger Handout - 4 pages.pdf
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 184 times
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

AC,
Those files I sent you were printed on 23 1/4 x 16 1/2 (was the closest metric size originally) posterboard for the Haf, and
36 x 24 for the Pinz
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

That helps a ton! Now to get them printed!
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)