Swiss G wagons

All things not relating to the other forums.
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Swiss G wagons

Post by 4x4Pinz »

Well Vince if these little G's keep coming in and selling like Scott's first batch, what are the chances a G section will be added 8) I have clocked over 2000 kilometers on mine since picking it up this weekend. What a fun little ride. The wife is starting to get the hang of driving it so I might have to look at another one just so I can have one. :)
Attachments
KIMG0116.jpeg
KIMG0116.jpeg (193.5 KiB) Viewed 2710 times
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Re: Swiss G wagons

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

I wanted to add a section some time ago but, like the Mogs, there are already a couple of older forums around that fans belong to and people convinced me it would be waste of time. It would also take probably a few years to get a base of people to fill it in. I could make fans aware of a new forum by making ads that target G owners but that would take some money.

It did make some sense to me because the G's have two main forums but both kinda suck. One is run by a small group of G fans that change the board around, and into a massive mess, seemingly every other year and the current one or two people "editing" it have little experience. Also the two models are both mixed in the same one section (460's and 463's) which are not related enough to share tech posts so that confuses the information; it would be like mixing TD Pinz posts with the petrol models.

The other G forum is buried in a massive Mercedes forum that has no central manager, has gone down for a while, more than once, and is ruined by ads all over, and inside of, every post. The big Mog forum is the same way. The person or group running that are clearly in it to make money only.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

When I was searching for information on these I could not find a good source. You have done a great job as have its members of keeping things neat and tidy. This is going to be one of those learn as you go vehicles for me. The manual is not in English of course so translating is time consuming and some issues don't translate well. Still in all I think posting in the general section should get the folks who know more about these then I to speak up and lend their expertise.
Hotzenplotz
Austria

Post by Hotzenplotz »

Lads

If there are any translation issues, just post your questions.
There is a bunch of German speakers here,
Cheers
Albert
========================
My Pinz has NEVER been with any army
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

There are a few G forums out there.
I talked to Vince as well a while back about adding a G section but now agree that since this is the Portal Hub and there are other G forums out there, there is no need to add one here.
Just not sure how much it would get used other than by you, me, Paul and Vince :)

G Forums (Vince I assume it is ok for me to post but if not I can delete the names/links)
ClubWagen : http://www.clubgwagen.com : great info, archive and people (they do have it chopped into sections but the top 5 forum topics are very active and the rest are a good archive)

PointedThree > G-Class Section : Good to check in on every few months, not super active.
I do like their G-Class DIY Section : http://pointedthree.com/disc/forums/for ... y.php?f=60 one user has posted a lot of very helpful how-to's

ExpedtionPortal > G-Wagen Section: Good to check in on every few months, not super active and mainly a repeat of ClubWagen posts.

BenzWorld > G-Class Section : would not bother, as it is not active and mostly new G Wagon AMG Kardashians :)

There are some UK and German forums too
I am sure you can find them with Google but the UK one has good info and helpful users
G Wagen Register : http://www.gwagenregister.com
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
Hotzenplotz
Austria

Post by Hotzenplotz »

and the main point is:

only a few G-wagons have portal axles :-)
Cheers
Albert
========================
My Pinz has NEVER been with any army
CentAr712
United States of America

Post by CentAr712 »

Well, I agree with Vince in his comments on the G forums compared to here; I'm a G owner as well as a Pinz owner and I'm also a member of a few G forums as well as here, but I virtually never go on the G forums for the reasons Vince mentioned; I just glean a lot of G info from the other G owners on here.
Chris.
https://www.supanik.com/pinz
'76 712M Rapier Cargo (Swiss), For Sale
'83 MB W460 280GE G-Wagen, For Sale