New member looking for a Pinz 710k

All things not relating to the other forums.
MTPinz
United States of America

New member looking for a Pinz 710k

Post by MTPinz »

Hello!

I'm driving right into the Pinzgauer world and am looking for a good condition 710K. I was curious where the best place to find one may be? I've searched the obvious places like Craig's and eBay, but not much turns up. Is there somewhere else I should look, besides right here? I'm in Montana, but could fly out and drive back from pretty much anywhere.

A bit about myself...I've had numerous German vehicles over the years (even though these aren't) and do all the wrenching and modifications myself. My family and I love to get out and explore and hike and camp and doing those things in an older vehicle just adds so much to the adventure!

The last big trip in my Syncro Vanagon I was wanting/needing a transfer case and bigger tires so I started searching. I drove a Unimog 406 for a winter years ago, which has been a lasting memory for me so naturally that's where I started my search. The 'local' 404 Unimog purchase fell through at the last minute (which in hindsight was probably for the better), so now I'm on to what I think may be the best option yet...a family sized Pinzgauer! It's like the Syncro's bigger brother!

They seem to be such capable vehicles and not much bigger than what I currently drive so that's great. Hard side is a must while camping in some areas around here so that's why I'm looking for the K. Top speed of 60? No prob, my Vanagons don't go much faster, ha!

Anyways, enough chatting, I don't even own one of these things yet! Looking forward to getting to know Pinzgauers and the people of this forum!

Thanks for the space,

Richie in Montana
rmel
United States of America

Re: New member looking for a Pinz 710k

Post by rmel »

Keep your eye open for postings on this forum.

Look at the inventory at Expedition Imports (sponsor) and Swiss Army Vehicles.

Give Andre a call at Fat Fabrication https://www.facebook.com/pg/dokapinz6x6 ... e_internal

Also keep in mind the K's are far more rare than the M's -- and a good deal pricier.
With a decent canvas the M's button up pretty good. You could also get a hard top
fabricated over the cab area that's as good as out of the factory as one could get
ala Fat Fabrications. I did that conversion on my 712M.

There's a 710M which was posted recently on the forum.
http://real4x4forums.com/PinzgauerBBS/v ... =5&t=11940

Something will turn up eventually.
Last edited by rmel on Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puller: 71' 710K 2.7L EFI aka Mozo
Follower: Sankey MK 3, 3/4 Tonne
Rescue Pinz: 73' 712MK

Driver: Ron // KO0Q
MTPinz
United States of America

Post by MTPinz »

Hey thanks Ron, I'll check those out. Does Andre have a number? No Facebook for this guy.
rmel
United States of America

Post by rmel »

I just edited my prior posting, Andre's number is on his facebook page.
(951) 765-7224
Puller: 71' 710K 2.7L EFI aka Mozo
Follower: Sankey MK 3, 3/4 Tonne
Rescue Pinz: 73' 712MK

Driver: Ron // KO0Q
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

You'll think the Pinz is a race car if you got used to 406s and 404s, but the syncro is a far better road car than a Pinz so keep that in mind. WIth a family you will have to approach sound insulation at some point. It's truly deafening stock.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

MTPinz
United States of America

Post by MTPinz »

No worries about the tin can affect, that can be mitigated somewhat. Thanks for the suggestions fellas!

Have a pic of the fabricated top? I'll go ahead and give Andre a call too, thanks for his number. I did watch the videos stickied at the top of the forum and they're great! I feel like I already know Andre!

Anyone ever do a subframe/cage/poptop on an M? Ala GoFast Campers?
Taco_short2_900x.jpg
Taco_short2_900x.jpg (148.93 KiB) Viewed 3212 times