New Member from Arizona

All things not relating to the other forums.
RPinAZ
United States of America

New Member from Arizona

Post by RPinAZ »

I actually joined a couple of months back, just getting a chance to introduce myself. I had been looking for a Pinz for a decent price for a while and last October I ran across one in Tucson (I'm in Gilbert AZ), so we went down and got it. Its a 710K. It hadn't run in several years - the owner said it ran great until he tried to convert it to civilian ignition and he never could get it to run after that and kind of lost interest. I found the pertronix unit to be mis-wired and he used too long of screws and buggered up the advance mechanism. Fixed all that - put stock points back in and it fired up and ran great - then left me on the side of the road when the pertronix coil failed (to be fair, I think the previous owner damaged it trying to get it to run). I put a Bosch blue coil in it and it runs great now. I changed all the fluids and filters, put new tires and batteries on, found some antennas and put them on and I replaced the rub strips with some mesquite I had. I've since put about 300 miles on it. I am going to have to deal with the red death soon - I lost power the other day going down the road and had to stop and blow out the fuel line to get home. I have been devouring the information on this site and it has helped me immensely.

-RP
Attachments
20210609_133604_HDR~2.jpg
20210609_133604_HDR~2.jpg (1.57 MiB) Viewed 3141 times
pcolette
United States of America

Re: New Member from Arizona

Post by pcolette »

Welcome and congratulations on a nice truck! Side rails look great!
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Nice, which tires are those?
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

RPinAZ
United States of America

Post by RPinAZ »

Thanks. I went with Maxiis Big Horns 255-85/16. I don't know how they compare to others, but they are wonderful compared to the stock Mayolas that were on it.

-RP
rmel
United States of America

Post by rmel »

Congratulations!! Looks like a real nice K.

Cheers
Puller: 71' 710K 2.7L EFI aka Mozo
Follower: Sankey MK 3, 3/4 Tonne
Rescue Pinz: 73' 712MK

Driver: Ron // KO0Q
murrayjp
United States of America

Post by murrayjp »

nice !!
ChickenPinz
United States of America

Post by ChickenPinz »

RPinAZ wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:19 pm Thanks. I went with Maxiis Big Horns 255-85/16. I don't know how they compare to others, but they are wonderful compared to the stock Mayolas that were on it.

-RP
Since I'm starting my tire hunt, how do you like those "Maxiis MT-762 Big Horns 255-85/16"? Beating the Maloya bar isn't tough. Those do have a nice look.

What other tires were on your short-list?
RPinAZ
United States of America

Post by RPinAZ »

I was considering the BFG MT's in the same size and the BFG MT's in 265/75-16 as that's what I have on my Xterra. I ended up going with the Maxiis because I liked the look and they were on sale at Simple Tire for a really good price.

-RP