Why do you read this forum?

All things not relating to the other forums.
m15256
United States of America

Why do you read this forum?

Post by m15256 »

Sometimes it's idle entertainment scrolling through this forum to read other peoples stories. Sometimes I'm searching for information or solutions to a technical problem. And sometimes I get a laugh out of the odd ball photos of weird trucks.

Anyway, I get a lot out of this forum and realized it's been awhile since I clicked on that little PayPal donate button at the top of the page. I've been fixing buildings, trucks and boats for over 50 years, but I'd be stumped if somebody asked me to design and support an internet forum. So I sent Vince a donation to thank him for making this real 4x4 thing possible and help with his costs.

Think about it. What do you get out of sharing information with the other forum members? Is it worth making a small donation? Maybe not the value of a new set of tires but how about the cost of a couple oil filters or some spark plugs?
rmel
United States of America

Re: Why do you read this forum?

Post by rmel »

Yikes I forgot to pay my annual subscription :shock:
Thanks for the reminder :D

I second your observation! I love pitching in and helping others
AND I sure appreciate guidance when I need it.

ron
Puller: 71' 710K 2.7L EFI aka Mozo
Follower: Sankey MK 3, 3/4 Tonne
Rescue Pinz: 73' 712MK

Driver: Ron // KO0Q
whitesik
United States of America

Post by whitesik »

This forum is a wealth of information, assistance and at times entertainment, especially for those of us not fortunate enough to have other Pinz owners close by. It gives a sense of belonging. PayPal button clicked/ Thanks Vince!
75 Swiss 710K
Not so new owner but still a novice
W9YG
whitesik
United States of America

Post by whitesik »

It looks like another year has passed since I have hit the donate button and will gladly do it again. The forum has been a bit slow lately. Maybe all of our trucks are fixed. (uh no!). Maybe, as Andre has mentioned, other social media platforms are being used more. (hope not, I don't do either.) Regardless, I wish to see the forum continue for its massive amount of information and postings by like minded individuals. Thanks Vince!
75 Swiss 710K
Not so new owner but still a novice
W9YG
rmel
United States of America

Post by rmel »

Wow! Already a year gone by -- yikes !

It's easy to take something for granted.

This forum is both a relatively live chat on topics de jour one needs help on, or
as important, an archive of fix's, and recommendations.

Some people put a load of effort into research or trial and error and post this info.
Unlike other venues, Real4x4 is organized and searchable, saved the bacon for me
numerous times.

So.....time for me to cough up for this years annual subscription 8)

ron
Puller: 71' 710K 2.7L EFI aka Mozo
Follower: Sankey MK 3, 3/4 Tonne
Rescue Pinz: 73' 712MK

Driver: Ron // KO0Q
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Much appreciated like always!

Seems that a lot of people that use forums (Like this one, Benz world, Steel Soldiers, Expd portal, etc) in general don't seem to like the corporate social media machines, and don't want to spend all day looking at 1000's of distractions and of course the info there is so diluted and lost eventually that it's wasteful to even engage much of the time. People that use this site seem more likely to be the type to do things themselves too. The social media world is more of a massive classifieds ads listing, business card/store front, and ego outlet in my eyes.

The google analytics shows this forum still getting tons of traffic. The search engine bots and people using it for useful info already posted is mainly why. Just look at things like how many times the electrical schematics have been viewed or downloaded! Oh and don't forget for you phone addicts out there, this site can be used with Tapatalk.

Other forum pluses?? Using one doesn't make some billionaire even richer, doesn't supply China with more money for it's growing military machine, is fully anonymous, has no record of everything damn thing you do online (eg facebook!) and is far more relaxing to use. :D
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!