Pinzgauer Travel Spare Parts

All things not relating to the other forums.
BobV
United States of America

Pinzgauer Travel Spare Parts

Post by BobV »

Hello all,
So I've got my 76 Swiss 710k in February of this year. Scheduled time with Andre during his spring east coast tour to give it a look over. Learned so much (thanks Andre) and realize restoring & keeping these amazing vehicles in good running condition takes time, a bit of investment & the help of a great community like this. Up to now I've been doing the basic adjustments & fluid changes. Converted over to Rick's SSI system. So glad I did. Thanks to all of you for the help & advice. Also very excited to get a solid Warn winch from Vince's winches!!! There is much more ahead as I've just scratch the surface of the "to do's" with my Pinz. Like changing a rear differential seal. Yep, got the dreaded leak after a 1000k mile trip in August. Maybe a winter project.
As I get to know my Pinz more I've been venturing out further with it. When I do I take the basic spares like fan belt, fuel line, fluids, bulbs etc. My question to all of you experienced drivers out there is what trip spares do you carry in your vehicles? I'm going to order a spare fuel pump, carb solenoids & sounds like floats would be a good idea from what I've read. I've luckily had recoverable breakdowns to date but feel I need to be better prepared. Would really like to know what travel spares you recommend. As always your help is most appreciated!

Best Wishes,
BobV
BobV 76 Swiss 710k
mm58
United States of America

Re: Pinzgauer Travel Spare Parts

Post by mm58 »

Spare bulbs, spark plugs and a voltage regulator, ignition coil, fan belt, and a couple of wheel lug nuts are a few of the things I carry...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mike

'76 710K
BobV
United States of America

Post by BobV »

Thanks for getting back to me Mike. I'll be adding to my carry list. Good recommendation also for the voltage regulator & ignition coil.
BobV 76 Swiss 710k
Mr Zero
United States of America

Post by Mr Zero »

Voltage regulator, fuel filter, front + rear brake cylinder rebuild kits, clutch slave cylinder rebuild kit, fan belt, valve cover gaskets, motor mounts, spark plugs and wires, side view mirror.
Jason @battlebornpinzgauer
[1975 Pinzgauer 710K 2.7L EFI, 1972 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder]
BobV
United States of America

Post by BobV »

Thanks for responding Mr Zero. I especially like the idea of having the rebuild kits.

Best,

~BobV
BobV 76 Swiss 710k