Fat Fabrications Western Service Tour 2023

All things not relating to the other forums.
Andre
United States of America

Fat Fabrications Western Service Tour 2023

Post by Andre »

It’s still mid winter but it’s never to early to get your semi annual service scheduled. My intent was to leave Texas late summer and head north first. But I was reminded that I had a wedding to perform in October that could not be missed. So much for SW Mogfest, Tierra Del Sol, and KOH.

Instead, I will be heading directly west from Texas in early spring for all points west and north. I will be operating solo(unless someone volunteers between now and then) and getting assistance from owners where help is needed. So far I have 1 stop in NM, 2 stops in Southern CA, 3 stops in CO, 1 in MT, 1 in WY, and 1 in Il. There’s allot of real estate in between that’s open for anyone interested in getting a visit.

Please reach out to me at Fatfabrications@yahoo.com with addresses, contact info, and items you would like sorted. I bring sufficient tooling to perform most major service items in the field.

This trip will include my usual stops to visit with friends and family while passing through(Mike, Jim, Rick, Vince, Scott, etc…). I may even escape into the wilderness for some camping(we only live once). I may even catch a SWPA meeting or event. So be it business or pleasure, feel free to reach out and help strengthen the community.

Levers down,
Andre.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
Mr Zero
United States of America

Re: Fat Fabrications Western Service Tour 2023

Post by Mr Zero »

Andre,

Will you be equipped to provide any accessory fabrication (bumpers, tire/fuel carriers, roof racks, etc.)?
Jason @battlebornpinzgauer
[1975 Pinzgauer 710K 2.7L EFI, 1972 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder]
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

Fabrication tooling will be based upon how many parties are interested in getting fabrication done. The amount of work being requested will also need to be considered. I’ve built full roll cages in the field previously( when time permitted). It’s difficult to ensure uniformity and squareness when building off the truck. What are you looking to have done?
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
Mr Zero
United States of America

Post by Mr Zero »

I was only asking in general. I believe rdusek may have already contacted you directly regarding a few accessories that he's interested in.
Jason @battlebornpinzgauer
[1975 Pinzgauer 710K 2.7L EFI, 1972 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder]
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

I’d like to thank you all for your continued trust and patronage. I have decided to dedicate 2 months a year to remote mobile service as part of my business model. I like to travel. Being able to earn while doing so is a blessing. There aren’t many vehicles worth doing this for but I believe Pinzgauers do.
Not everyone can afford to ship trucks to TX for proper repairs or maintenance.
So odd numbered years will be spent on the west coast and even numbered years on the east coast. Those living in the central states will have the opportunity to see me every year if they so desire.
This is how it works.
- I announce the timeframe for each tour on my Facebook page and on the real4x4.com forums.
- Patrons send me emails with contact information, vehicle location, and repairs/maintenance desired.
- I contact each party and discus details regarding, scope of work, resources needed, feasibility of on site work, and approximate costs.
- An overall vehicle wellness inspection is available for $360-410 for 710-712 respectively.
- $500 Deposits are requested to secure your spot on the schedule. These cover fuel and travel from each location to the next and are credited to your repair and travel costs.
- A service route is devised to keep travel costs down and create a rough timeline for arrival dates. This schedule must be flexible to address 50 year old truck issues as they are encountered.
- Customers are billed for: travel costs from the last location, $165 daily Per Diem, parts, and repair labor.
- A detailed invoice is provided upon completion with remittance of payment as arranged.
- If scope of repairs exceed what could/should be performed on site, you will be advised of your best plan of action. Deposit funds will be returned less any travel costs to your location.
- Owners are encouraged to group together to share both travel and Per Diem costs.
- Owners are encouraged to participate in the repair process(when feasible) to cut cleaning costs and familiarize themselves better with their vehicles.
- Owners are encouraged to ask questions.
- Groups are welcome to organize “technical workshops” during my visits.

Deposit checks need to be post marked by April 1st and can be made out to:

FAT Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX, 75494

I still accept PayPal payments however friends and family options have been removed from my business account. So an additional 3% in fees will be deducted from your payment and added yo you’re repair invoice.

Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

Just for giggles(and future reference), how many people here on this forum reached out for service ? I believe I’m getting more owner engagement from Facebook and Instagram.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
rmel
United States of America

Post by rmel »

I reached out offering any help you may need on bigger jobs
if your up in the Bay Area. Also could meet up with you at Scott's.

ron
Puller: 71' 710K 2.7L EFI aka Mozo
Follower: Sankey MK 3, 3/4 Tonne
Rescue Pinz: 73' 712MK

Driver: Ron // KO0Q
ChickenPinz
United States of America

Post by ChickenPinz »

Would be great to meet up when you're in town, but the truck has been good lately so not needing service.
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Im getting some fab work done :DD
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

MTPinz
United States of America

Post by MTPinz »

Looking forward to meeting you and the other Pinz owners that decide to show!