picture quality

All things not relating to the other forums.
krick3tt

picture quality

Post by krick3tt »

I would like to post a pic of my pinz adjacent to the posting but am not a wizzard on the PC, can anyone give me a pointer how to do this. I am so glad the list is back up, really helpful info from all of the people on the list.
Thank you Vince.

Cheers,
Morris 710M
MarkPinz
United States of America

Post by MarkPinz »

There are probably a number of ways to do this. You will need to resize your image using some sort of program like Photoshop, Hp imaging etc. for starters. Then save the image in low resolution for posting on forums, for your avatar image a size of around 150x150 will work. For myself I like to use Image shack as a free picture hosting site. Use this link to image shack: http://imageshack.us/ it's easy to use, click browse, then select the image file & click host it. A page will appear with the link for message boards you need to copy & paste into your post. To continue posting pictures click on yellow frog icon & repeat process. You only need to copy & paste the link into the text area of the post nothing else is needed. When posting an image in a thread reply sizing the image to about 320x320 is a good size. It takes some practice but you will get the hang of it.
Just get in and go....