pinzgauer vs. volvo c303

All things not relating to the other forums.
munchkinman

pinzgauer vs. volvo c303

Post by munchkinman »

hi, I am interested in bot vehicles, the pinzgauer and volvo, both the 4x4 versions... whitch one would have better off road qualities? on road? would they be reliable daily drivers? and whitch would be eaiser/less costly to fix should anything go wrong? anything else you might want to add? thanks a bunch, comments are welcome.
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

I orignally looked at both vehicals as well. While they are both great for off road use I couldn't tell you which is better, though any difference would pale in comparison to the competence of the driver so it is a wash in my book. The volvo uses the B30 volvo inline 6 which is a great motor and has been used in many applications, Volvo 240 series - Penta Volvo marine. Parts for the motor may be easier to find but they are still pricey for NOS. As for the parts for the rest of the Volvo, I just don't see them much and am not aware of anyone stocking many of them here in the USA. The Pinz has a great supply of parts and dealers here in the USA, which is why I went with the Pinz. If your Looking at cost you may want to look into the Unimogs, If you look for them you can still find some great deals on them, though they are a bit larger in mass. I like the smaller size of the Pinz / Volvo.

Are you here in the USA or Europe.

Miles