Otto Step Down

All things not relating to the other forums.
lindenengineering

Otto Step Down

Post by lindenengineering »

When I was a student the college lecturer insisted on us students refering to engines by their designers etc.
In the case of the four stroke petrol engine it was an Otto Cycle Engine, whereas the CI types had to described by Diesel either Rudolph or Tillings etc.

So here's a sighting to make you think.
I was west bound on I.70 going back to my shop driving my Rangie. In the fast lane I can see a well loaded Toyota Highlander coming up at about 80 mph. A double take in the mirror shows something different with this white SUV. Its got camo fabric panels to hide some of the body lines. Another double take as it draws near and its got Michigan Manufacturers plates.

As I look it over I drop the window, its got a diesel engine, quiet though not easily audible. Then the glance on the rear hatch glass is scribbled in white glass marker 'Diesel Hybrid exp #2"
Loaded with four guys and alot of tech equipment this thing was hauling, and I decided to keep up and see how it would do on the climb up to Genesse where the front range of the Rockies sorts men from boys.
A Rangie will easily handle 75 up the grade, this thing pulled away from me on the steepest portion accelerating away from 80 mph.
Very impressive!

Talk about Otto stand aside, this diesel truck was no sluggard.
Toyota yah know makes some really great products; if this to be anything like the Prius the other manufacturers better watch out unless some politician finds a convenient piece of legislation to prevent its distribution should it be released to the public.
Dennis
Linden Engineering Inc
OOOps no customer bashing now