K/M configuration?

All things not relating to the other forums.
tnronin

K/M configuration?

Post by tnronin »

I'm new to this stuff so if I'm going to a place that has already been hashed let me know.

I like the configuration of the bench seats, but want the hard top. I've come to this conclusion due to the options that are available for the hardtop (A/C, roof rack, camper) Mostly the A/C part for my wife's comfort. I like that the bench seats can be folded down so a bed can be put in place.

I guess the crux of my question(s) is
  • does anyone have this configuration?
    are there seats that face forward but will fold flat?
    can bench seats still work with that side door (which I like FWIW)
I guess I want to have my cake and eat it as well. I don't mind fabricating things so that is a non-issue.

I sure wish someone would step up locally that has a pinz so I can look at it.

TIA and thanks for the great info on this site!!!
Twebba

Post by Twebba »

One of the mods I eventually plan (hope) to make is to remove the 3 split seats in the back of my K and replace them with a straight bench.

(Here's where it gets tricky...)
Then I'd like to fabricate some type of rail system where the seat would slide forward to the table (maybe rest on the forward deck where the table legs join) and then the back would fold down. This shouldn't be too weird because many futons behave this way. In essence, I'd like to create a mini-futon out of the seats.
My wife and I are both short, so we should be able to fit, even if we need to angle a bit.

The best thing about these, TNRonin, is that you are only limited by your imagination. Hopefully I'll eventually hook up with someone who can make this mini-futon thing work and help me fabricate it.
In the meantime I'm enjoying every minute of it. :D

Good luck on your Pinz-hunt!
~ TW ~
'73 710K
tnronin

Post by tnronin »

Swiss army bascially has what I want for a good price too. It it happens I would have room to get more goodies. I have to slow down. My wife said I HAVE to get rid of my truck if I get this. I have to consider the mileage, lack of A/C, maint, etc.. before I jump. Hell I haven't even looked at on in person yet.

I know I have said this previously, but I want a multi use vehicle.

cargo-camping-daily runner stuff.

I just keep getting caught with the 65mph top speed thing.

Post by 2012 »

now that i'm actually driving my 712amb, 60mph seems ok! weird!