This is getting OLD

All things not relating to the other forums.
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

This is getting OLD

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

I can't get anything corrected until the hosting site gets unhacked itself. If they are still hit, it must be bad.

Regardless, I am changing to another hosting company soon. One with bigger balls and better assistance. This company I have now is 100% WORTHLESS and I've had it with waiting for them.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I wish you a lot of luck :!:

Anthony
Wales
GB
JohnGelbert

Post by JohnGelbert »

Thanks Vince, :D for your persistance in keeping our favorite Board up. Like you, we all wish we could catch the jerk that is hacking this. :twisted:

I know the Pinz/Haflinger community worldwide joins me in extending our sincerest appreciation for all the time, money and effort you put into this BB :D

John Gelbert
John
Wayne Roberts

Post by Wayne Roberts »

Ditto from me. I have learned much from this board and all of those who participate. Thank you Vince for all of your efforts!

Post by 2012 »

i painfully refrain from using the words i naturally spew about larvae like "spykids", knowing that spykids' days are numbered. i guess they didn't realize the trouble that's getting ricocheted back to their bedrooms in their mommy and daddy's house:

http://www.bazon.net/mishoo/home.epl?NEWS_ID=1106

too bad we don't get to be there on their d-day.
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

Vince I sent you a little something to help out with any changes you may make to the forum. I hope others will do the same. This is a important source and exchange of information. The Yahoo Group is also great but this layout is a lot easier to search and keep up with. I know I have gotten more than $50.00 worth of information so I am glad to donate to the continuation of this forum. Keep up the fight. If everyone that uses this forum sent $50.00 vince could set up a lot better security, This stuff isn't free guys!

Miles
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

MAJOR move

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Thanks again Miles. (I sent an email) You and a few others out there have made it possible to keep it up. And now that help will be even more important since I need to make a major change asap.

This is really weird but it looks like the host company I have/had, which is a useless entity, is not bothering to respond to my emails and support requests. They have no number and I can't figure out how else to contact them. There's a chance that I will lose everything here because I'm going to have to move my home site, and this site, to a well respected hosting company who will keep it all in one place and in better condition from here on out! (They actually have 24/7 support in chat and a 24/7 800 number!) I won't know what to do with my time!

So stay tuned and don't be too upset if it all has to be reset. After that, we should be in great shape! I should have done this last year. :?
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

SteveInNC

Post by SteveInNC »

Before you take that final step of resetting, check back in. It should be possible to snag the complete site from your current provider, with or without their help. The easy way would be to FTP the files off of their machine. The hard way (but doable) would be to recursively hit all of the links on the board, which should pull all of the content, although in a somewhat disorganized fashion.

Particularly since the previous hack, we haven't built up that much stuff to archive. PM me before you do a reset. I'll start looking at the different possibilities for snagging an archive.
NotExcessive

Post by NotExcessive »

Have to throw in my two cents here. I host a BBS on one of my rack servers here in my office which uses an enhanced version of the same phpBB code that this Pinzgauer board runs on. Don't know how you're set up, and I haven't played with the base version of the code, but you should have access to the same admin tool set.

If you're wanting to shift, all you need to do is execute the phpBB Backup Suite script that will download a single SQL file via your browser, and all the posts (your entire board) will be saved with one click of the mouse. Then all you have to do is back up the uploads and avatars directories to keep your images and you're in business.

You won't be able to ftp the database off the server as the mySQL database will live in the /var/lib/mySQL directory on the server, and nobody in their right mind is going to grant outside access to that. Hitting all the links to get a copy of your board is painful and untenable anyway.

Take you less than 10 min to transfer all of this to a new host using the above.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Dear NotExcessive;

What a wonderfully clear explanation of things.

The last time I ever heard instructions so concise was at 3 AM while I was on the 3rd floor of a suddenly destroyed, and on fire, whore house in Siagon that just took a direct hit by a NVA 122mm rocket.

The only thing that I might suggest is that you forgot to mention the Broadside SQL off ramp data retriever coaxial peramulatory zip loading docket attachment protos, that need to be back transfered via doc/r55ts enhancer, which will then need to be integrated with the Broad band LSMFTs as to implement the overall receptive qualities of the Mk V xlqr37-5rt process adjunctors. Provided you are using the proper sat/sets on a l-48 platform, the solution is straight foreward.

Your's truly
Tony ( computer guru and M-12er from the south )

PS I am sending $ 25 to the cause. Enough of this hacking crap!
SteveInNC

Post by SteveInNC »

NotExcessive wrote:
If you're wanting to shift, all you need to do is execute the phpBB Backup Suite script that will download a single SQL file via your browser, and all the posts (your entire board) will be saved with one click of the mouse. Then all you have to do is back up the uploads and avatars directories to keep your images and you're in business.
Well there you go, an expert :). I figured that there had to be an easier way. Thanks NotExcessive.
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

Daffynition of an EXPERT: an EX is a has been, and a SPURT is a drip under pressure.

Tony doesn't seem to resemble that remark.
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

"If you can't dazzel 'em with brilliance....... (NotExcessive) :lol: :lol:
" Baffle 'em with bull@hit!!......Tony :? :shock: :?
Both of you make equally good points ,as I haven't a clue of what you speak. :oops: TTFN,Mark
Sure is nice to have our all our "friends" together again! 8)
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
NotExcessive

Post by NotExcessive »

M Wehrman wrote:Sure is nice to have our all our "friends" together again! 8)
I'm just wondering how Tony found the time to measure the rocket. Bet I know what he used for a ruler.