Bad break for H3

All things not relating to the other forums.
Gordon

Bad break for H3

Post by Gordon »

A short video showing a bad break for an H3.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3790349356
Might be a long walk home.
"To have a great adventure, and survive, requires good judgement. Good judgement comes from experience. Experience, of course, is the result of poor judgement."
rollingpinz

Post by rollingpinz »

Hello

I wouldn't put it past an H3, but that is an H2.

Eric P
How would an ice-age end without global warming?
Twin Pinzies

Post by Twin Pinzies »

More evidence of the new "Hummers" actually being nothing more than a glorified Chevy Tahoe sold to dim-wits that really believe that they are made for four wheeling!

Hummer H2/H3- Made to bring the kids to soccer practice!

Post by 2012 »

isn't the purpose of all the rediculous, decor of american cars soley to dupe ppl into becoming the "dimwitts" upon which these ridiculous companies THRIVE?

isn't buying one of those things (and supporting the company) like buying crack (and supporting your neighborhood dealer) and then showing your friends that you're a crackhead?
Last edited by 2012 on Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KINSPINZ

Post by KINSPINZ »

The driver of the H2 in this video is Alec a local CO. wheeler. Hes actaully a pretty good guy. And whats funnier is that he has taken that H2 and wheeled more hardcore trails than most people on this board. I have watched videos recently of H2's doing everything in Moab with no problems. harder stuff than most take there pinseys on. Yes that spot where he has broke is a Bill More lake trail and is a tough Chute, very steep and i have done it with 10 in the pinz many times. unfortunatly the tie rods on the H2 have to be the weakest piece :?: . But again i have watched buggies throw peices on easier. So sorry to say but this guy would walk his H2 over most of your guys grocery getting pinzies :lol: .

Mike
CO. Wheeler
ITS NOT A F*&$%*# HUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!
rollingpinz

Post by rollingpinz »

Hello

Before this turns into the typical battle, let me just say that I beleive that every vehicle can break or get stuck. Also, I wouldn't curse the tie-rod for being any kind of weak-link. I would just consider myself lucky (for once) that it was something relatively easy and cheep to repair. There's room for everyone on the trails and I'm glad because I might need the help.

Eric P
How would an ice-age end without global warming?
MASSIVE PINZ

Post by MASSIVE PINZ »

I think that anyone who takes a 40K+ buck vehicle made out of recycled beer cans and coke bottles off road isn't smart..

One thing I like about the Pinz is the excellent visibility of the terrain thats being negotiated, in the H@ (or even an H1) you can't see much of anything in front of you..

Anything newer than about 1985 is pure junk as a general rule..
Jake Raby
Owner, Raby's Aircooled Technology
www.aircooledtechnology.com
PinzEOD

Post by PinzEOD »

C'mon Jake...tell us how you REALLY feel. :wink:
Mike Newton 1973 712M (sold)
I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is exploding. Jacques le Blanc

Post by 2012 »

isn't the design intent of the h2 simply to lie? i can't help but be disgusted by the liars who created it :evil: . am i any different that anyone else?

the design intent of the actual hummer wasn't to lie. you can clearly see the intent if you hold your face like this: :shock: .

<sigh> well that was good for me, anyway.
Twin Pinzies

Post by Twin Pinzies »

Whoever stated that there is room for everyone on the trails has never wheeled in the Colorado Mountains. A Hummer simply WILL NOT FIT THE ROADS!! In other words, if the road is 6ft wide, your 7ft wide vehicle is not going to make it! And nobody can get around you if you get launched.

Evidence of my point is the fact that I have never seen Hummers on many routes here and the one commercial tour company that started with Hummer (H1's) sold all the Hummers and has gone to Pinzies.

Those fat things are for the desert!
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

OK now, if you have a 7' Hummer that can't make through a trail, you need to replace it with a just under 6' Pinz..... then it figures you need to replace your 70" Pinz with a 52" Haflinger :!: :idea: :wink:

For those that remember before the "Great Crash of April". :) I had posted about my outing in the mountains with my '97 P38A Range Rover 4.0SE and other Pinzes. It is really amazing what a shiney sheetmetaled vehicle with road wheels can do off road..... Jim is still trying to upset more than the CD on it. :wink: .... ok, the Malibu Castoff is so shiney.

Dave Dunn
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
PinzEOD

Post by PinzEOD »

MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!!
Mike Newton 1973 712M (sold)
I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is exploding. Jacques le Blanc
KINSPINZ

Post by KINSPINZ »

Im def. not saying Th H2 is a master of the trail. Just saying there are some people out there who do wheel these and have conquered some pretty tuff terain. I wouldnt take 40k on a trail especially where i take mine.
ITS NOT A F*&$%*# HUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

MASSIVE PINZ wrote:I think that anyone who takes a 40K+ buck vehicle made out of recycled beer cans and coke bottles off road isn't smart..

One thing I like about the Pinz is the excellent visibility of the terrain thats being negotiated, in the H@ (or even an H1) you can't see much of anything in front of you..

Anything newer than about 1985 is pure junk as a general rule..
You gotta give props to guys who do wheel their 40K plus 4x4s though. At least this guy actually wheels, choice of vehicle isn't as important as actually getting out there and doing it.
IMHO

Post by 2012 »

is there anyone here who would choose to own an h2 (for 42k) over owning a hmmwv (for 42k)? just a curious thought...