HI FROM NEWBIE

All things not relating to the other forums.
AK NIMROD

HI FROM NEWBIE

Post by AK NIMROD »

WELL I AM PINZLESS AND LOOKING.
LIVE IN ALASKA AND WILL BE TRAVELING TO DENVER AREA LATE NEXT WEEK WILL BE LOOKING AT SOME NEAR THERE. IF NOT CAPTURED BY ONE THERE WILL BE IN S.E. OKLA. END OF MONTH AND LOOK THERE AND AR. AND EXPAND FROM THERE BEFORE I LEAVE COLORADO 20TH OF NOV.
NICE TO MEET YOU ALL
PAT MCCABE
SOLDOTNA , ALASKA
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Welcome and very good luck with your search. You seem to be doing a lot of traveling it would be niece to do some of it in your new Pinzgauer. :) What model are you after?

Anthony
Wales
GB
AK NIMROD

Post by AK NIMROD »

I'M LOOKING AT EITHER 710 AND 712.... FOR MOST USE THE 710 WOULD BE THE BEST BUT SOME THINGS I THINK THE 712 WOULD. I WILL BE LOOKING AT ONE 710 THAT HAS REALLY GOT MY INTEREST AND I'M PRETTY SURE IT WILL WIN THE BATTLE. :lol: 8)
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I wish you well and hope you get what you want. There are certainly many knowledgeable and helpful people on this board who appear to be only too glad to help folks out with advice should it be needed. Enjoy you trip. :)
Anthony
GB
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

Make sure you have some kind of heating solution. I imagine you might want more than the Pinz provides stock.
AK NIMROD

Post by AK NIMROD »

WELL I GOT ME A 1973 710M :D :lol: 8) NOW TO GET IT READY FOR THE TRIP DENVER TO ALASKA. WOULD POST PICTURE BUT NOT SURE HOW TO.[/img]
Wayne Roberts

Post by Wayne Roberts »

Welcome to Pinz ownership! I personally would like to see some pictures of your trip back to AK. I have wanted to run the Alcan highway since I was a little kid. I have been up there a few times but have always flown. Good luck with the new truck and enjoy the trip. Will you be driving the Pinz home or towing it? I hope that you will share some of your trip's highlights with us when you get home. This board has been a life saver with all of the information that is shared and a new voice is always welcomed.
-Alcohol Tobacco & Firearms-
Should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!!
AK NIMROD

Post by AK NIMROD »

Wayne, well i will be taking alot of pictures on the trip.
i really wish i could locate someone needing a truck driven to Alaska and i would buy a car hauler and trailer it. or even have someone haul it it and i would share driving and fuel cost? but looks like i will be driving it . usually do it in 5 days will give myself 10 and plan for 7 actual days of travel.
hope to get aux. heater in and replace seats before the trip
this forum is such a great site for info.
-pat
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

Pat
I suppose I ought to ask the question have you driven a Pinz to perceive ownership?

If you find yourself in the Denver area and want to try one out you can always come by with a little notice and "cab one ' up the street.

Currently I don't have any available but I can steer you towards some available units I know of that have "history".
Dennis
OOOps no customer bashing now
AK NIMROD

Post by AK NIMROD »

DENNIS, HI WELL I DROVE TO NE FROM DENVER 2 WEEKS AGO AND DROVE THIS ONE AND FINALLY FINALIZED THE DEAL YESTERDAY HERE IN DENVER.
lindenengineering

Pat looks nice.
I seem to have a recollection of the unusual paint finish, but can't think where I have seen it previously.
Obviously you now have a perception of ownership!
Best of luck with your return trip and above all ENJOY!
Dennis
AK NIMROD

Post by AK NIMROD »

I BOUGHT IT FROM ROB FLANAGAN IN NE. HE USED TO LIVE IN EVERGREEN. IT WAS MY UNDERSTANDING THE PAINT JOB WAS FAIRLY NEW......MY FAVORITE COLOR.....CAMO
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Good Luck with your truck.

:?: Are those tyres (tires) Mickey Thompson's Baja Radial Claws and are they of 305/70R16 dimensions?
Anthony
GB
AK NIMROD

Post by AK NIMROD »

yes to baja claws not radials but are 35X13.5X 16 on original wheels......i have ordered 10 x 16 custom wheels for them.
lindenengineering

AK
Now I remember. Rob's old truck, as the old song goes "Ah yes I remember it well"
Dennis