spare parts

All things not relating to the other forums.
krick3tt

spare parts

Post by krick3tt »

I have wheeled with jeep folks and they carry an amazing amount of spare parts for their rigs; drive shafts, sway bars, linkages, radiator hoses and such.
I was curious about parts to carry in the pinz, but, most of the parts are, or seem, to be relatively safe from the major carnage simply due to the design of the vehicle.
What are you dragging around in your pinz 'just in case'.

Cheers,
Morris
73 710M
Wayne Roberts

Post by Wayne Roberts »

I bought a spare ignition system from someone who changed over to the civilian system. Other than a fan belt, limit strap and the ignition parts I have never needed anything else.
Profpinz
Australia

Post by Profpinz »

I always seem to end up carrying spares and equipment to fix all the non-Pinzgauer vehicles on the trip! :D
Peter

1974, 712 6X6 Pinzgauer
1983, 710-1.6 4X4 Pinzgauer
1997, 718 6X6 Pinzgauer (in pieces)
1971, 700 Haflinger
1974, 703 LWB Haflinger
2001, Range Rover

http://www.ozpinz.com
krick3tt

spare parts

Post by krick3tt »

Prof,
You must have quite a stash of Landie parts in the back of your pinz.

I usually carry fanbelt, cap and rotor, oil for motor and gears (in 5L cans), permatex, light bulbs, the standard pinz stuff (tools, jack, etc) but I got a high lift just in case. Two extra 20L gas cans for long trips securely fastened inside the back and an ARB 24v fridge with battery backup and 20w solar panel (a cold one is good after driving in the desert) I also traded out the tow cable for a 30k strap as the metal ends are not allowed by some clubs. ..and the usual water (20L can) and food plus camping gear (rear seats removed and it all stows in the footwell).
The next investment is a 9k winch and a bumper to hang it from, coming in one week when I pick them up at Mogfest in Calico.

Cheers,
Morris
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

a cold one is good after driving in the desert......

What else would you need ? :lol: :lol:
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

Fan belt, high lift, CB, Corona
Profpinz
Australia

Post by Profpinz »

"Murphy's Law" Morris, if you carry something you won't need it...... it's just that you will need it if you HAVEN't got it!

As regards the spares for others, over the years I have carried a few things for people as it always seems to work out that the smaller vehicles carry the most people (biggest families) and hence they have to carry more food, camping gear etc, whilst we bachelors have the biggest vehicles and fridges :D
Given that I've got the room, and the extra weight never hurts (as discussed on this Forum from time to time) I always carry a full range of tools, axe, shovel, log splitter, 20" chainsaw, Tirfor, spare fuel, oil, etc, plus the fridge, spare sleeping bags, blankets etc. ..... (just the other day I brought a small petrol 5.5hp air compressor to keep in the back as well, so now I will also carry more air-tools)
The result of the above is that often participants say ..."Ohh, I didn't bring it because Peter's got all the gear" :o

......and as regards Landies as Morris mentioned ..... they seem to go through more CV's than anything.
Classic Rangies do rear diffs and Toyota 100's blow front diffs!
Peter

1974, 712 6X6 Pinzgauer
1983, 710-1.6 4X4 Pinzgauer
1997, 718 6X6 Pinzgauer (in pieces)
1971, 700 Haflinger
1974, 703 LWB Haflinger
2001, Range Rover

http://www.ozpinz.com