Insurance Help

All things not relating to the other forums.
kc4mne

Insurance Help

Post by kc4mne »

Hello

I am in Florida and I had my 710K, 712M and my Volvo Tgb1111 insured with Progressive (Liability only) and I received a letter that they will not renew my policy in January 2007, since they will no longer insure the Pinzgauers. :(

What other carriers insure Pinzgauers in Florida?
:?:
Thanks

Manuel R. Alonso
JohnGelbert

Post by JohnGelbert »

Check with Ameriacan Family in Florida.....they have insured my 710 here in Colorado for the last 6 years.
John
beanpole

Post by beanpole »

I'm in California but State Farm insured my 712 with almost no questions asked. Good luck.
Jason
Wayne Roberts

Post by Wayne Roberts »

I have my 710M insured with State Farm for the last 2 years. Hope it helps. Where are you in FL?
russ

Post by russ »

A friend of mine has his 710K insured with Safeco: http://www.safeco.com/

I had mine insured at one time with State Farm, liability only.

Let us know where you are in FL and perhaps we can hook up for a drive after I replace my broken rear axle.

russ
'74 710K
kc4mne

Post by kc4mne »

Hello

I am located in the Ft Lauderdale Area of South Florida

And please you florida Pinz Owners with State Farm insurance. If you could provide me with your state farm agent or a state farm policy number I may be able to get them to duplicate what they did for you guys.

I am only looking for liability coverage

Thanks

Manny

kc4mne@bellsouth.net
Steve

insurance

Post by Steve »

Try Allstate Insurance. I was quoted a liability policy for less than the price of a fuel pump per year.
Pinz Enthusiast

Insurance Help

Post by Pinz Enthusiast »

Ok Ok, now I have to chime in again, I dont not understand why everybody is always looking for "cheap insurance" I would never insure any vehicle even my pinz for less than $500,000.00 comp and collision inaddition to liability, now we all have heard the horror stories on this and other boards about how (shometime) things like brakes and such dont work so good or whyelse would we come here with our repait questions...

Anyway the reason I say this is because I was a licensed insurance agent here in Ca. and during a training session, a trainer was giving real world example, as follows a family right here in Orange County was driving their nissan sentra and accidently ran a red light T boning a 740i BMW with 2 passengers, now on advice of his agent when he insured the sentra was sold a policy the he could afford, about $83.00 a month for basic liability and simple comp and collision required by his lender of $25,000.00 and $35,000.00 to satisfy his loan.

Now the 2 occupants of the BMW wer in bad shape and required hospitalization, the ambulace and hospital bill on 1 occupants was $25,000.00 and $50,000.00 on the other there by wipping out all their insurance, the BMW owners insurance company sued and won the replacement of the BMW $52,000.00 and $100,000.00 in pain and suffering and lost wages, now the hospital bills left them unprotected and the courts awarded the plaintiffs the money due from the sale of the sentra owners personal property, including house and contents as well as any monies they had in savings for kids college, the only thing they did not take was their retirement savings which by law is illegal to do.

So the question is are you willing to risk everything you own and could possibly pass to your kids just to "save" a few dollars a month on insurance costs, I for one will not go under $500.000.00 and I know I do not have enough, is it tough to make the payments, Yes it is sometimes and I cringe everytime I write the check, (by the way if you pay semi-annual or annual you will save lots of money on your policy) but as I had stated in other posts on this subject I do currently carry $500.000 comp and collision on the pinz with State Farm for about $1400.00 a year or $700.00 every 6 months, so for my money the $700 or $1400 is a small price to pay just incase my pinz brakes fail and I hit somebody...

just some food for thought.....
Eric
Anaheim Hills, Ca
1973 712M
1996 LR Disco I
2003 LR Discovery SE
2003 Holiday Rambler Endeavor MH
hope to get a 1969 Ford M656
Kiwibru

Post by Kiwibru »

Gee, stated in these terms I feel much better paying my Progressive invoice all at once. It is a real challenge but now I see the other perspective! Thirty-one year old vehicle here and who knows...all the TLC in the world can go out the window within a couple of seconds!
1975 710M
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

Eric
That was one of the best postings I have seen in many moons, and thanks for sharing that viewpoint/experience with us.

Yes we all want cheap insurance but the prospect of a claim to the magitude as you have elaborated could keep you awake at night. That's why I have a million dollars of umbrella coverage just for personal cars/liability alone. Then there's the business shop insurance to cover garage keepers liability and all the other add ons like workmans comp insurance etc etc.
Not to mention health coverage, now thats a real minefield so I won't mention anything on that sorry business any further!

At time I feel I am working for insurance companies!
Dennis
OOOps no customer bashing now
PinzEOD

Post by PinzEOD »

Now I don't feel so silly admitting I pay 110.00 per month for my Pinz insurance.
Mike Newton 1973 712M (sold)
I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is exploding. Jacques le Blanc
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

And I thought I was paying a pretty penny for my trucks at about $350 each every six months, but thats with 300k liability coverage, full comp and collision. But balance that with the fact that I've had State Farm for 30 years plus renters/house insurance and only one ticket in 20 years... I must be doing something right :D

Jim M.
712W and 710M
Pinz Enthusiast

INsurance Help

Post by Pinz Enthusiast »

No Jim your not paying a pretty penny, yours sounds about right for upgraded personal vehicle insurance, my premium is higher because I use mine for business (offroad Tours) so I would pay a little more, but here is my breakdown:
Liability: Bodily injury $250,000/500,000 & property Damage 500,000
Medical payments: 100,000
$500 deductible comprehensive
$500 deductible collision
Emergency road service
Uninsured Motor Vehicle $100,000/300,000
Uninsured motor vehicle property damage.

Now it's likely that I will never need some of the listed coverage, but due to the fact that I drive from Anaheim Hills to Big Bear (about 72 miles one way freeway) I wanted some extra just incase, now also your premium could be lower due to a higher deductible and also a lower coverage amounts, I know it gets a l ot more pricey as you get higer in covered amount.

Now I also have had State Farm for about 15 years and have had no accidents or tickets in my driving career, but as you know living in Ca we get Redlined for insurance rates and your zipcode determines a lot on what your rates are, you are also saving a lot by paying semi annual, and a annual payment will reduce your paid amount a little further, monthly is by far the most expensive way to buy insurance, and as a agent I loved getting people on the monthly plan cause I made more commision.

Insurance is a very tricky thing and should not be taken lightly, even if you have had the same agent for a long time do yourself a favor and get some competetive quotes, it dont cost you anything but time and it could save you in the long run.

And Mike $110.00 is not bad, but what is your covered amounts, $110.00 adds up to $1320.00 a yeah if you look at mine is $1452.66 a year or $726.33 every 6 months, now remember Ca residents pay more than most other states for same coverages which could be the case, but I dont know, before I became a agent I was paying about $110.00 a month for $25,000/35,000 comp and collision, after I got educated about insurance I switched companys and went to $100,000/300,000 comp and collision for $83.00 a month, also gys we should all evaluate our insurance coverage and get new quotes as most P&C insurance agents only get comissioned for the first 2 years that your a client and after that services in some cases tends to go down, new blood and generating new comission gets an agent to actually work for you and provide you with better coverage and service.
Eric
Anaheim Hills, Ca
1973 712M
1996 LR Disco I
2003 LR Discovery SE
2003 Holiday Rambler Endeavor MH
hope to get a 1969 Ford M656
ChickenPinz
United States of America

Re: Insurance Help

Post by ChickenPinz »

Reviving an old thread for modern day....

Farm Bureau -- No
Safeco -- No
Auto Owner's Insurance (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-Owners_Insurance) -- Yes
Progressive -- rumored to be yes
State Farm -- rumored to be yes

Any other datapoints for where folks are finding insurance for a 710 (K or M)? I'm told 712s would be more difficult...
Zee Fifty
United States of America

Re: Insurance Help

Post by Zee Fifty »

I have maintained collector car insurance from State Farm here in southern Az for the past 2 decades. This meets my needs and gets me out of the annual local emissions testing. I would have sold my pinz years ago if I had to screw with emissions testing.