Pinzgauer Mileage

All things not relating to the other forums.
SAM. C.

Pinzgauer Mileage

Post by SAM. C. »

I havent seen many high mileage Pinzagauers on the net. Will they make the distance into high mileage if looked after?
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

Sam You bet mate.

We have several customers who have done some hard miles in their trucks, looked after its a great vehicle, and capable of going most places even I suppose across the Nalabour Plain (struth did I spell that right?) If you could find the fuel to feed the bloody thing!

Only one thing to remember in Auz, keep the engine cooling canopy interior frequently clean with a hose pipe, dust and dirt get blown by the fan up onto the rear cylinders and heads area. This causes overheating and partial piston seizure in extreme conditions like where you are in Queensland/ Northern Territories.
Dennis the Pom!
OOOps no customer bashing now
Twin Pinzies

Post by Twin Pinzies »

The odometer on Pinzgauers might as well not exist! Since they are in kilometers, might have turned over a couple times, and two of mine have odometers that no longer work.....who knows? Some have hours rather than miles. Unlike civi vehicles, it's more important to look at the overall condition of the vehicle, not the odo.!
Check out the wear on the brake and clutch pedals to find a more accurate gauge to the vehicles use.
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

In the 5-1/2 years I've had my 712 I've put about 32,000 MILES on it, but I've also kept up with the TLC and splurged on upgrades (like rebuilding and upgrading the motor, but it didn't really HAVE to have it done). In less than three years we've (the wife and I) put over 16,000 miles on "her" 710M as well. Biggest things to do to it were two axle seals and the rear tranny bearing (and fix the muffler, which I so handily swiped off with a big rock).

They just keep going, and going, and going... BOOM BOOM BOOM...

Jim M.
712W and 710M