Pinz in the movies?

All things not relating to the other forums.
Colorado Ron

Pinz in the movies?

Post by Colorado Ron »

I was flipping channels the other night and saw Terminator 3 on. Lame movie by the way. Anyway, they were running for a plan at some airfield and ran right by what looked like a pinz. Anyway, not sure if anyone else has seen it, but sure surprised me. Anyone else spot Pinzs in the movies?
"Expedition Junkie"

www.Offroad-Adventure-Travel.com
Where ADVENTURE is our middle name
ScottishPinz
Great Britain

Post by ScottishPinz »

Sorry Ron, no-one can obviously be bothered to reply so here goes... yes that was a pinz you saw (Arnies own infact) I don't know where I first read it but its like a well known fact (once you know it!!!) Enjoy
Twin Pinzies

Post by Twin Pinzies »

Yes those Pinzgauers you saw in the movie now belong to Arnold (ah-nuld). He also owns a few Hummer H-1"s too. Rumor has it that those were modified to drive over 80 mph!
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

SoCal had the three Pinzgauers used in the movies, I have some pictures of them. Apparently there was a fair amount of footage of Arnold with them, but it ended up getting cut; the only scenes where I could find them were as they ran into the airplane hanger - one is on fire outside, the other is with other vehicles in a row behind the plane: two Cherokees on the left, then two H1's to their right, and finally one of the other 712M's furthest right. The one that was burnt had the windshield full of bullet holes, but it was eventually repainted and restored. One was modified for Arnold himself, and he bought one as a gift for his nephew who sold it later. Not sure what happened to the third.

I'd post the pictures but don't know how.

Jim M.
712W and 710M