Las Vegas Pinz owners we have a new addition to the stable

All things not relating to the other forums.
Thomas-E

Pinz Help

Post by Thomas-E »

Mr. Zero
I don't know how far Prescott, AZ is from you but T-Lo is a possible connection for parts and service.

T-Los Ultimate Offroad - Vehicles, Parts & Service
Prescott, AZ 86305
Phone: (928) 443-8880
Fax: (928) 776-0808
Email:mogsrus@attglobal.net
http://www.mogsrus.com

He is very knowledgeable and offers custom parts also.

Jim Laguardia may be about the same distance if you drive down I-15.
www.goatwerks.com
Thomas E.
Sonora, CA
712 Camper
[img][url]M:\avatar\DSCN0010%20(Custom).JPG[/url][/img]
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

Mr Zero, Looks good, glad you found a shop to work on the Pinz. I forgot all about MAP on Boulder.

Miles
Lots of Pinz pictures here.......
http://picasaweb.google.com/pinzgauer.depository.1

'73 Pinzgauer 712M
wwcommando

Post by wwcommando »

Hi Miles, I'm still here in Vegas, my PInz is currently down for painting, I stripped most everything body related from the truck. The city nailed me for having it parked on the yard ( Chat) so It's now in the driveway. I'll probably tow it to the Golden Valley house to finish the job then use it to explore all the great roads on this side of the creek.
Jeff
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

Well Jeff, I thought you moved to AZ. I've heard of some other Pinzgauer here in town but haven't seen any of them myself, of course mines still down for remodeling and I'm getting annoyed at not driving it.

Miles
Lots of Pinz pictures here.......
http://picasaweb.google.com/pinzgauer.depository.1

'73 Pinzgauer 712M
Mr Zero
United States of America

Post by Mr Zero »

Hersir wrote:Maybe it's time to get a Las Vegas Pinz event put together.

By the way, where'd you get your K painted?
Wow, I totally missed the updates to this thread. A Las Vegas Pinz event or even just a meet-up would be excellent. We should try to make something happen.

Hersir, as far as the paint I went through A Same Day Paint and Body on E. Sunset. The cheapest-is-best level of paint I went with (3 colors) plus minor body work was very reasonable IMO. I'd definitely recommend them.

I just finished mounting a Thule Tracker rack system + Maggiolina Grand Tour tent. The thread on that setup is here - http://real4x4forums.com/PinzgauerBBS/v ... php?t=5722.
Hersir
United States of America

Post by Hersir »

Would there be any interest among the Las Vegas area owners online to meet up with trucks some weekend for an informal get acquainted lunch? I'm in and out of town a lot but was thinking about Saturday, November 13th or Sunday the 14th. I'm sure we can find a spot to meet up for a couple hours to meet and talk Pinzies.
1975 710M (Swiss)
Mr Zero
United States of America

Post by Mr Zero »

I've got nothing in the queue for either of those days, so count me in! :D
Maxf
Norway

Northern Nevada Pinz 71

Post by Maxf »

Guys,
I just bought a 712 in Colorado and have to register it in Nevada this week. Are there any Tips you have for explaining things to the DMV? Vin number is short? 3 Axles? Do I need a VIR- Smog report? Any tips appreciated.
Thanks,
MaxF

1973 712m Reno NV USA
"The difference between theory and practice is much greater in practice than it is in theory"
Mr Zero
United States of America

Re: Northern Nevada Pinz 71

Post by Mr Zero »

Maxf wrote:Guys,
I just bought a 712 in Colorado and have to register it in Nevada this week. Are there any Tips you have for explaining things to the DMV? Vin number is short? 3 Axles? Do I need a VIR- Smog report? Any tips appreciated.
Mine went through inspection at the DMV office on Sahara back in March. The guys there were generally so impressed that they didn't bother inspecting anything on the vehicle.

You will need smog, title and insurance. As long as you've got all of that in hand you shouldn't have a problem. If you haven't insured it yet contact Diana @ American Family Insurance, (702) 435-1132. American Family insured my Pinz after being turned down by AAA and USAA.

I hope that helps.

Jason
Mr Zero
United States of America

Post by Mr Zero »

Hersir wrote:Would there be any interest among the Las Vegas area owners online to meet up with trucks some weekend for an informal get acquainted lunch? I'm in and out of town a lot but was thinking about Saturday, November 13th or Sunday the 14th. I'm sure we can find a spot to meet up for a couple hours to meet and talk Pinzies.
Ok, this obviously didn't happen :( , so I'm going to put this out there:

Sat. 12/11/2010 (Tomorrow)
~8:30am
@ 50's Diner Omelot House & More
3050 E Desert Inn Rd # 3050
Las Vegas, NV 89121-3870

The link above will take you to Google Maps info on the place. It's a good neighborhood greasy spoon diner with good food and service. I'll definitely be there at ~7am to grab breakfast beforehand and if anyone else makes it we can talk trucks and maybe hit the dirt after. If you'd like to give me a call in advance feel free to PM me for my phone number.

Hope to see you there! :D

Jason