Maxxis tires

All things not relating to the other forums.
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Maxxis tires

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Finally had to get rid of my "well used " Dunlops, got a set of Lt 255 85R 16 Maxxis Bighorns. They are 33.3" tall, here's what they look like:
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
jgeesen

Post by jgeesen »

I was considering these when I got my new tires. I could not find any feedback on the web about them so I went with the the BFG MTs. The rim protectors came in handy on the Kentucky treffen with the BFGs. I hope the Bighorns turn out to be some good tires - they have the best price of the options I was considering - Goodyear MTR, Trxus, BFG MT, Cooper SST, Toyo M/T, and Bighorns.
Pinz Enthusiast

Maxxis Tires

Post by Pinz Enthusiast »

Tires look great Jim, I'm thinking they will throw up a lot more dirt out on the trails, guess who ever is following will have to hang back a bit farther to avoid all the extra dust.....and maybe we can go do a few of the more difficult trails now too....talk to ya soon...
Eric
Anaheim Hills, Ca
1973 712M
1996 LR Disco I
2003 LR Discovery SE
2003 Holiday Rambler Endeavor MH
hope to get a 1969 Ford M656
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Maxxis tires for me too!

Post by McCall Pinz »

I'm a Pinz newbie and this my first post here, but I also just put on a set of the same Maxxis Bighorns 255/85 r 16. They're going for about half of what the local shop wanted for Toyos or BFG MTs, so I had to try them out. I can only compare them to the original Maloyas, but there really is no comparison. The ride is way better and the road noise reduced. So far the offroad traction is better too. A friend of mine is a Maxxis sponsored mountainbike racer and they have a good reputation for price and quality