New trailer in FL

All things not relating to the other forums.
tokarev
United States of America

New trailer in FL

Post by tokarev »

Finally finished the delivery of my trailer I bought from SAV in August. The pics dont do these justice - its a serious trailer. still trying to figure out the forward facing lights in front of the trailer - I guess its for connecting /disconnecting the rig at night.

Home of the SHTF50 and SHF/R50 .50 BMG Rifles
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

The forward lamps would be clearance lamps. My 3/4T Sankey has similar type lamps. They should go on with the tail lamps.
Dave Dunn
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
Twin Pinzies

Post by Twin Pinzies »

If I were you, I'd swap out the Maloya tires. Even though it's a trailer!
Wayne Roberts

Post by Wayne Roberts »

Looks good Walt. How does the 712 pull it? I did not really notice the M101 untill I got into the mountians up in North GA and then it became a major load. Some of the hills required droping into 3rd gear to get up. What does the trailer weigh?

On a different note: Are you going with us on 10-26, 27, and 28? The guys from Tampa / St. Pete are heading over to the east coast for a weekkend of trail riding. The trails are full of water and mud. Hope that you can make it. If you want to go send me a PM and I will send you directions.

Wayne
tokarev
United States of America

New trailer

Post by tokarev »

The tires on the trailer are 20" Italian made Firestones NDT pattern with a center groove. Still have the mold tits - they are staying. It pulls OK on the relatively flat roads around here. I towed it home behind my Suburban with no problems. American pintle with the Swiss lunette worked fine. Its supposed to weight 1900 lbs with a payload of 2000 lbs.
Wayne - like to go with you guys but I need to stay around the house - Knob Creek MG shoot last week and leaving for the Tulsa Gun show in the AM. October has flew by.
Clearence lamps for backing? Trailer was built in 1964 and the last mantainance tag is from 2002
andy

Post by andy »

I got mine from SAV last Feb and it pulls great, even with 2,000 pounds of bagged corn in it, behind my 710M. On steeper hills it is a load for the 710, but then the 710 usually has another ton in it.

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
tokarev
United States of America

trailer

Post by tokarev »

Thanks for the pic of your trailer - mine came with the top and bows/frame but the top was a freebee that Willie had laying around (has a tear in one of the seams). The rubber bands holding the top on were not in the correct config. so I wasnt sure how it was supposed to look.
Anyone know a source for the rubber band material? I plan on a new replacement top for the trailer (most likely made locally). Thanks
andy

Post by andy »

tokarev, glad it helped. The only problem I had with mine is that on the trailer tongue where the wires are on the panel, the little panel was brittle, probably from the UV rays. The extension I have for the after market pintle is quite long and this did not leave enough slack in the connecting wire from the Pinz to the trailer. Apparently in one of my turns, the cable held but the board broke, which resulted in some wires shorting out against the trailer frame.

I got another connector board at Radio Shack and spliced another foot of wire into the cable from the trailer plug to the board. I also replaced all the spade connectors. So far it is working.

The only other thing I've had to do is get the front of the spare tire holder re welded and reinforced. The tires are heavy and going over the rocks one of the original welds gave way and left the tire loose in the holder. It still held though

In my opinion it is a great trailer and suits my needs very well. Plus I'm not looking around for adaptors and 12 volt bulbs etc.

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com