Now I'm Really a member of the club!

All things not relating to the other forums.
LibTimothy
United States of America

Now I'm Really a member of the club!

Post by LibTimothy »

Greetings one and all!

I just got my 712 yesterday! As soon as my insurance agent starts speaking english again. I'll get the tags on her and give her a real spin. I think I have promised rides to half the state. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

Did you know that plastic windows do not appear to like November in NY. Oh well, I think they can be replaced.

As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I'll post a few.

Timothy
When the only tool in your toolbox is a hammer, every problem starts to look like a nail.
andy

Post by andy »

Welcome, you are going to love your truck. I wish I could buyt two or three more. I drive my Pinz, without all the frills more than I do my F 250, which has them all. Don't know if you have spent some time lurking but this site is one of the most useful, interesting, and friendly on the internet, in my opinion. Great people from all over the globe.

Regards,

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Congratulations on getting your truck I am sure that you will enjoy having it. :)

If the plastic widows are fogged with scratches, I found that metal polish, the paste type found in tubes, rubbed vigorously will eventualy remove all but the most stubborn scratches. I can echo what Andy has said about the forum, though my truck is a Volvo and this part of the forum is unfortunately not used so much these days :cry: and I have to use else where.
Anthony
GB
LibTimothy
United States of America

Post by LibTimothy »

Hi. Yes, I.ve been lurking for quite some time now. I already think of all of you as my friends.
If the plastic widows are fogged with scratches
Well, that isn't the problem. The problem is the back one got brittle in the cold and now is in multiple pieces. Given Western NY weather, I think I'll clean the others in.. Oh June.

I guess the first priority is going to be fix the horn (the wire down the steering column was shorted so the previous owner cut it) and the pesky DMV folks here expect the vehicle to have a horn. Windows are optional.

Anyway, Thanks Friends! I'm sure you will hear more from me as time goes on.
When the only tool in your toolbox is a hammer, every problem starts to look like a nail.
LibTimothy
United States of America

Pictures!

Post by LibTimothy »

Here is my Pinz!

I've just been driving arount town so far. I can't wait for spring and a chance to go off road. (OK, maybe after I buy new tires...)

Merry Christmas to one and all!

Timothy
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Great stuff Timothy,

Ill bet your Pinzgauer really stands out in NY. What is the general reaction to it about town? Is there an off roading scene near to NY? I think that I recall Jergen saying to me that there was not much in that region unfortunatly.
Anthony
GB
I-10pinz

Post by I-10pinz »

Congrats on the new truck and for good or bad you'll never have a dull moment with it.

As far as the windows go I think it may just be a age thing mine were brittle and broke when I first got mine and we had then replaced at a shop that did convertable tops and haven't had any trouble so far so good luck and happy holidays.
Only from above may they judge my actions below.

Thomas
LibTimothy
United States of America

Post by LibTimothy »

Anthony,

Well actually I now live in Corning, NY and believe it or not mine is the third Pinz in the area.

There are places you can go four-wheeling here, but it isn't like out west, so you have to plan ahead and ask permission. I do know of a few trails in the area.

I-10Pinz,

Thanks. Yes the windows are brittle. For now I taped them up with clear package tape and that is doing the trick for now. Next spring or summer I'll worry about replacing them. Right now I have a few more important things on the to-do list.