pictures for my christmas card this year

All things not relating to the other forums.
AK NIMROD

pictures for my christmas card this year

Post by AK NIMROD »

getting pictures for home made christmas cardsImage
Image[/img]
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

X-TRA KOOL!!! :D
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

Yes very nice indeed, but couldn't you have put "Merry Christmas"?
Curious
Dennis
OOOps no customer bashing now
AK NIMROD

Post by AK NIMROD »

DENNIS , I LOOKED FOR AND PREFERRED MERRY CHRISTMAS BUT LIMITED SELECTION IN OUR SMALL TOWN AND ADJACENT ONE......SHOULD HAVE PLANNED A HEAD FURTHER :cry: :oops: ...... BUT WANTED PICTURES TO TAKE WITH ME TO WORK SO I COULD WORK ON CHRISTMAS CARD IN EVENINGS AFTER WORK.
MY SON IS ADDING MORE LIGHTS AND DRIVING IT IN PARADE OF LIGHTS FRIDAY NIGHT. I WILL POST MORE PICTURES AS HE SENDS THEM TO ME UP HERE AT WORK.
Profpinz
Australia

Post by Profpinz »

but couldn't you have put "Merry Christmas"?
You might require a 712 for "Merry Christmas" after all it's 14 letters compared to 13! :wink: :roll: :D

BTW: Is Christmas in the US your main holiday time, or is it Thanksgiving?

It's the main yearly holiday here in Aus .... Universities have already finished and don't start again till the end of Feb/March, and a lot of businesses are pretty much closed most of January!
Peter

1974, 712 6X6 Pinzgauer
1983, 710-1.6 4X4 Pinzgauer
1997, 718 6X6 Pinzgauer (in pieces)
1971, 700 Haflinger
1974, 703 LWB Haflinger
2001, Range Rover

http://www.ozpinz.com
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Nimrod Cool Pic's. Peter in Kansas Christmas is far more popular thanksgiving. specially now that I have kids they haven't stopped writing there list.
andy

Post by andy »

Peter, I'd have to say Christmas is the big one, Thanksgiving has pretty much degenerated to be seen as the start of the OFFICIAL Christmas shopping season. I say official because many of the stores, especially WalMart have Christmas stuff out in October and before. Even the hardware/lumber stores have all sorts of Christmas display and outdoor decoration type things.

It is hard for me to imagine Christmas in the middle of summer even though where I live we usually don't even get frost let alone snow.

Regards,

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
Profpinz
Australia

Post by Profpinz »

Thanks Guys ....Nice to know Christmas hasn't been surpassed!
Christmas in the middle of summer even though where I live we usually don't even get frost let alone snow.
We're a strange lot we Aussies! :D :roll:
Given our "English" hertiage, many families still settle down (me included) for a traditional Christmas lunch (roast duck/turkey and Plum Pudding etc) even though it can be very hot (one year I remember it was in the low 40's /104F ) outside ..... yet others tend to have a Barby in the middle of the day and head to the beach in the avo!
Still I guess Christmas is Christmas no matter where you are or whatever the temperature! :D

BTW....Nice thread Nimrod!.....Is anybody else using there Pinny for anything "Christmassy"?
Peter

1974, 712 6X6 Pinzgauer
1971, 700 Haflinger
1974, 703 LWB Haflinger
2001, Range Rover

lindenengineering

AK.
Thanks for the reply, and in short I guessed as much.
You know when I first came to these shores in the eighties (after being in Iraq) I was confused by this "happy holidays stuff".

I supposed its what you are brought up with; In England its definately a "Merry Christmas" and God Rest Ye Merry Gents & all that stuff!

In the Fifties growing up, half the school tipped out one year I remember going someplace--like mostly Australia.(ten quid assisted passage) We got "photies" from Down Under later in the year from old school mates who were now adopted Auzzies--Emigrated. Struth! On the beach in the middle of summer Down Under for "Chrissy"! Talk about confusing us kids left behind in Blighty who were used to bloody awful grey skies, brass Monkey weather , or it peeing down with rain!

I was just chatting with the Missus today about Thanksgiving and we both concluded it's more about a family get together than having to deal with all that gift giving stuff that stresses out the whole population it would seem. By the way Linda is about to get up at 3.00am to hit the sales; Crickey she's a soldier all right!
Well you blokes Seasons Greetings & good night full of Turkey & booze!
Dennis
Sleeping it all off until six, then open the shop to pay for those excesses happening when I am in the land of nod!
Profpinz
Australia

Post by Profpinz »

G'Day Denis, my old man was a true Brit to the day he died despite the fact he had lived a major portion of his life in Aus (although I think deep down he loved this country), but one of the things that really annoyed him was that people often took him for a dinky-dye Aussie ....he was as brown as a berry, didn't mind the heat and he didn't really have an accent (after all we Aussies don't have an accent :lol: :wink: ) so he could have been Australian born!
We always thought it was a great joke when friends came from overseas at Christmas and they nearly died when it was so hot and Mum would put a full roast dinner on the Chrissy table! ..... Mind you I'd probably refuse to budge from in front of the fire in other countries!

One interesting aspect that has arrisen in Oz from our "English heritage" is that "Christmas in July" dinners are a huge attraction here!
Restaurants up the hills in the middle of Winter (it can be raining or even snowing at the time) do a roaring trade with tourists and local alike!

Well I hope you and all the forum members have a happy Thanksgiving!
Peter

1974, 712 6X6 Pinzgauer
1971, 700 Haflinger
1974, 703 LWB Haflinger
2001, Range Rover

lindenengineering

Peter
Hello mate.
You know I can simpathise with your late dad. A few years ago I took all my ex in laws to my home city; Gloucester. It has a magificent cathedral that is more than 1000 years old. The artifacts trace English history back for the whole 1000 years period.

Wandering around we get confronted a haughty older lady guide dressed in her green tweeds. She asked me what part of Canada or New England I was from. I indignantly replied "I'm from here luv' . In short she wouldn't believe me until I answered the old bag in a local broad dialect. Then she sarcastically said in an attempted put down "Well I didn't take you for being a "brother", but since you have married an American you are now merely a cousin"! I then simply said with my broad dialect from the area "OOH me dear, do I take that to be a compliment then me dear?".
She never spoke to me again during the guided walk about.

I sometimes think what my late parents would think of all their off spring nowadays. Me over here, my other bro' & family in Brisbane, and the other 'un in Spain for half the year!
We Brits certainly get about!
Cheers mate
Dennis
andy

Post by andy »

Dennis, if you all are healthy and well, I suspect your parents would be proud of the whole lot of you all.

Peter, I think Christmas in July down under would be a hoot. In July it is very common to have daytime temps about 105 F here. The only thing that makes it bearable is the fact we normally have lower humidities (high teens low twenty percitle) and a breeze out of the southeast. On days when the wind lays it is not good to go out, so snow in July sounds real good.

Midnight sun and snow like in AK's picture does nothing for me, even though the Pinz looks pretty nifty.
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

AK, Like I said before,Kool! The Camo seems to defeat its purpose!! :lol:
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
Profpinz
Australia

Post by Profpinz »

The Camo seems to defeat its purpose!!
Isn't the new signage, "Christmas Camouflage" :?: :wink: :roll:
Peter

1974, 712 6X6 Pinzgauer
1971, 700 Haflinger
1974, 703 LWB Haflinger
2001, Range Rover

AK NIMROD

Post by AK NIMROD »

YAHOO
SON ADDED LIGHTS AND DROVE PINZ IN THE PARADE OF LIGHTS IN TOWN OF KENAI TONIGHT....IT TOOK 1ST PLACE IN INDIVIDUAL CATEGORY 8) :lol: :D 8)
PICTURE TO FOLLOW WHEN HE SENDS THEM TO ME HERE AT WORK