Unimog and Pinzgauer shock cord purchase help

All things not relating to the other forums.
uberpinz

Unimog and Pinzgauer shock cord purchase help

Post by uberpinz »

I am getting ready purchase some shock cord material and replace some of the rusting hardware on My Pinz. All I have been able to find is what Swiss Army Vehicles supplies and a few other sources. I have found a source for Hypalon which runs about .52 cent s per foot which is a lot cheaper that the .80 cents a foot that SAV sells theirs for and will hold up better. But that is not the point the stuff that is currently on the Pinz and the Unimog deteriorates to quickly (which is the same material that everyone seems to offer). I have include some of the benefits of Hypalon and a Quote from Arrow Rubber who will manufacture the shock cord. The only issue that I am facing is the high run volume and initial cost Min run 5000' and for that run $2,600.00. I am asking for suggestions, help, in the purchase of the material.
Jay Wheeler
San Diego, Ca
Arrow rubber
Hypalon Duro 60
5000'
250lbs
.52 a foot
Rubber Tubing & Rubber Cord

ISO 9001:2000 Certified
Voice: (708) 430-4900 - (800) 662-1009
Fax: (708) 430-4909 - (800) 662-4400 (Out of state)
E-Mail: sales@aerorubber.com

QUALITY INDUSTRIAL RUBBER PRODUCTS

Hypalon:
Highly resistant to most acids and other corrosives. Commonly used as a covering in soil burial because it is unaffected by soil chemicals and moisture. Excellent ozone and U.V. resistance. Tensile strength 1500 psi. Elongation 350%. Temperature range -20°F to 200°F.
http://www.epm.com/hypalon.htm

Hypalon® chlorosulfonated polyethylene shows its true strength when exposed to high temperatures and oxidizing chemicals. It resists flex cracking and abrasion as well as the damaging effects of weather, UV/ozone, heat and chemicals. Easy pigmentation and color stability, along with low moisture absorption, complement its use in single-ply roofing systems, automotive and industrial hose and timing belts, wire and cable jacketing and insulation. Equally important, Hypalon® has demonstrated long life in harsh environments, such as seen by liners and floating covers for water and sewage containment.
http://www.dupontelastomers.com/Product ... n/apps.asp
PinzEOD

Post by PinzEOD »

I use part # 3961T33 from www.mcmaster.com. It's a bit pricey, but I get next day shipping, it holds up well in the Las Vegas sun (so far), and I can get it colored red. :D
Mike Newton 1973 712M (sold)
I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is exploding. Jacques le Blanc