My trip to get my PINZ and drive it home

All things not relating to the other forums.
Jerbearyukon

My trip to get my PINZ and drive it home

Post by Jerbearyukon »

So I am picking it up in Blue Mounds WI and driving to Golden CO to see Dennis and get some work done on her. Then onto Porthill Idaho and across into canada.

Just thinking if there were any Pinz Owners or Archery people out there on the way home that had some fun things to do it might break up the monaughtany (probably not spelt right) of the trip back. :wink: :wink:

Paul Underwood said he has a cold beer waiting in Bluemounds so that will be great...thanks Paul. :D

JUST A THOUGHT

Anyway here's the route I have sort of picked.......

This is from Mapquest so I can deviate a bit, but I am trying to take the main routes incase I have some trouble

SOUTH on MAIN ST toward DIVISION ST. <0.1 miles Map

2: Turn RIGHT to stay on MAIN ST. <0.1 miles Map

3: Turn RIGHT onto CR-ID. 2.5 miles Map

4: Turn LEFT onto CR-K. 0.3 miles Map

5: Turn RIGHT onto US-151 S / US-18 W. Continue to follow US-151 S (Crossing into IOWA). 67.3 miles Map

6: Take the US-151 S ramp. 0.4 miles Map

7: Merge onto US-151 S. 56.5 miles Map

8: Turn LEFT onto US-151 S / IA-13 S. 7.5 miles Map

9: Merge onto US-151 S / US-30 W. 6.7 miles Map

10: Merge onto I-380 S / IA-27 S / US-218 S via EXIT 252B toward AIRPORT / IOWA CITY. 16.3 miles Map

11: Merge onto I-80 W via EXIT 0B toward DES MOINES (Crossing into NEBRASKA). 590.4 miles Map

12: Keep LEFT to take I-76 S via EXIT 102 toward DENVER (Crossing into COLORADO). 186.8 miles Map

13: I-76 S becomes I-70 W. 3.6 miles Map

14: Merge onto CO-58 W via EXIT 265 toward GOLDEN / CENTRAL CITY. 4.6 miles Map

15: Take the WASHINGTON AVENUE exit. 0.1 miles Map

16: Turn LEFT onto WASHINGTON AVE. 0.4 miles Map

17: Turn LEFT onto 12TH ST. <0.1 miles Map

18: End at Golden, CO US Map

Total Est. Time: 13 hours, 38 minutes Total Est. Distance: 944.05 miles

Then from Golden to Porthill Idaho

This is from Mapquest so I can deviate a bit, but I am trying to take the main routes incase I have some trouble

: Start out going SOUTHWEST on 12TH ST toward PROSPECTORS ALY. <0.1 miles Map

2: Turn RIGHT onto WASHINGTON AVE. 0.3 miles Map

3: Merge onto CO-58 E. 4.5 miles Map

4: Merge onto I-70 E. 3.6 miles Map

5: Keep LEFT to take I-76 E via EXIT 269B toward FT MORGAN. 5.0 miles Map

6: Merge onto I-25 N via EXIT 5 toward FORT COLLINS (Crossing into WYOMING). 384.1 miles Map

7: Merge onto I-90 W via the exit on the LEFT toward SHERIDAN (Passing through MONTANA- then crossing into IDAHO). 672.1 miles Map

8: Take the US-95 exit- EXIT 12- toward SANDPOINT / MOSCOW. 0.2 miles Map

9: Turn RIGHT onto US-95 N. 43.3 miles Map

10: Turn RIGHT onto S 1ST AVE / US-95 N. 0.3 miles Map

11: Turn LEFT onto W CEDAR ST / US-2 E / US-95 N / ID-200 E. 0.2 miles Map

12: Turn RIGHT onto N 5TH AVE / 5TH AVE / US-2 / US-95 / ID-200. Continue to follow US-2 / US-95 / ID-200. 1.0 miles Map

13: Turn LEFT onto US-2 / US-95. Continue to follow US-95. 45.9 miles Map

14: Turn LEFT onto ID-1. 12.1 miles Map

15: Turn RIGHT onto CR-51. <0.1 miles Map

16: End at Porthill, ID US

thanks again to all the people that have helped me out so far with the purchase of my new BABY :D :D :D
russ

Post by russ »

I hope this is not going to be the story for all Wisconsin Pinzes... Not that I don't want you to get one!
If you didn't get stuck, you didn't try hard enough.
'74 710K

1984 in 2009
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

What do you mean. That they will all have to sell theirs
:?
I bought mine from Stauffer Classics not privately.

I'm sure they will get it figured out. If they are everywhere else why not there. If somebody has be fooling around with ownership papers and has been caught and that' s the reason for all the problems they should be running him through the ringer not everyone else.

We have enough of that up here with our stupid GUN LAWS. Like banning hand guns is going to stop GANGS and the HELLS ANGELS from using them. They don't come by them legally anyway. :x

Another subject I guess.

Jer Bear
russ

Post by russ »

From what I understand Wisconsin DO(L)T decided to arbitrarily ban Pinzgauers and nothing else that fell into the category they defined, i.e. WWII Jeeps, Deuces, etc. Nothing to do with bad papers.

I agree, your gun laws are pretty crazy, almost as bad as Illinois and Wisconsin!!! Heck California isn't as bad as those two in some ways.

Good luck with your Pinz and have a safe drive!
If you didn't get stuck, you didn't try hard enough.
'74 710K

1984 in 2009
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

JerBer,

Don't underestimate how slow Pinzes travel!

A 710 will make better time than my 712, but it took me 21 hrs. drive time from Littleton to Blue Mounds. That's driving the interstate.

I've gotten a amber xenon flashing lamp which I mount on back and run whenever I'm on the interstate. There's just too many semis coming up from behind doing 30 mph faster than my Pinz. Scary ride. I don't want 'em sleeping.

Hey, I just found out that "Wisconsin" translates as "land of anal-retentive government" in native american languages. We Pinz owners are veiwed suspiciously here, but with no good reason. It all works out.

Oops, my sarcasm is showing again.....

STILL smiling....
Paul
(maybe it's the beer)
Kiwibru

Post by Kiwibru »

Hey Jerbearyukon,
So how soon are you doing this drive?
I did a similar trip driving from Arizona back to Washington state during the fall of 2006. It was a great drive and I had a very comfortable trip. Don't forget the ear plugs!
The Pinz is slow but very comfortable...unless you are doing it real soon and having to deal with the cold...but you are gettin that aux. heater put in by Dennis right?
Have a safe trip, no break downs!
1975 710M
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

My trip will start around the 25th of Feb from Bluemounds. Hopefully the regular heat will work until I get to Golden and then Dennis promised me he could stink me outta there :wink:

In the Yukon we cherish heaters more than anything. Nothing like a hot campfire or a woodstove burning at home. GLOBAL WARMING - YEAH RIGHT - MINUS 48 HERE RIGHT NOW WITH THE WINDCHILL. It's been cold for 3-4 weeks now and expecting minus 48-50 this weekend. Perfect weather if you make ICE. :wink: :wink:

If you want air-conditioning just open the friggin window man. 8)

I have my noise cancelling headphones already waiting at the shop and I have my MP3 player so I will be ok that way. I will have my carharts, my minus 50 boots - smart wool, my longbow so I can shoot when I get tired of driving and my minus 40 sleeping bag with me too so I can sleep in her if I get tired.

I am pretty self sufficient when I get on the road. A cooler and a thermos will keep me going for quite awhile.

Actually looking forward to a change of pace.

JerBear
KINSPINZ

Post by KINSPINZ »

Hey,
I live in Golden and if you have some extra time im always up for a beer and some pinz chat

Drive safe
Mike
ITS NOT A F*&$%*# HUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!
andy

Post by andy »

From what you are saying it seems like any time you spend going from WI to Dennis' will probably be tee shirt weather for you. I think you will really enjoy the trip. I hope you do.

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

hi
Last edited by Erik712m on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

hi
Last edited by Erik712m on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

Sounds good - be a good first leg with the PINZ - 460 mile shot...should need a new butt by then. Can't stay long cause I need to get to Dennis's shop as soon as I can to get the work done there, but it would be great to meet some of the GANG.

JB
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

It's out of your way, but I'm on the other side of Idaho. If you drove West to Boise and then up Hwy 55 to McCall, from there you could keep going up 95 to Sandpoint.
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

Do you think I can make it up the pass there. :wink: :wink:

I remember a pass I took on my bike this summer going north out of Boise and I went through McCall (nice country) and it was quite a hill around whitebird I think. Use to be a real windy one years and years before, but it's pretty nice now.

This could be doable for sure. It only adds about 150 miles going that route.

I could pick up a couple of extra shirts too. :)

JB
todds112

Post by todds112 »

WOW! And I thought my drive from Iowa back here to Jackson was long. 1000 miles and it was around zero (F) the whole way. Quite the adventure. Made for 2 very long days in the saddle. Matter of fact, next week will be my 1 year anniversary with her!

Have a great trip and be safe!
1973 712M