Gotter stuck on a snow machine trail today

All things not relating to the other forums.
Jerbearyukon

Gotter stuck on a snow machine trail today

Post by Jerbearyukon »

What a hoot :D - Finally gotter off road today. Had a friend and his son come with me. We had smokies and BEER and a campfire.

Then we went attempted to go to the wind generator tower road. It's easy in the summer but now it's snow machine road only (well almost).

We got up most of he way cause it was pretty packed. We had the pinz just a bounc'in. Then close to the top I got stalled out. Tried it a few more times but thought it best to back down. Got caught in a rut and into the bank we went and buried her :oops: .

I will put some pics once my bud sends me some of his camera. The winch and bumper for EI sure came in handy, I had a friend walk in snow up to his crotch (not a happy camper at first, but he came through it ok) hooked up to one tree and sorry to say it was a rock gripper (yukon's way of saying the tree seed just blew on a rock and clung on for dear life and then grew there). Problem is that it's roots weren't very deep so the tree came to me.

So we stretched out the cable to a stout older tree. Well the pinz came out like a hot knife in butter :lol: . Had a GReaaaaaatttt time.

I let them both drive her and they loved it.

I will insert pics later of her stuck but here are some form the campfire etc
You may notice the open hatch. My buddy Eamon was standing up in there for part of the trip - a very handy option.

Should be a pinzgauer stand for my bowhunting of spring bear out of it this spring I think :wink: :wink: .

Jer Bear
AK NIMROD

Post by AK NIMROD »

JER BEAR
looks like you are having fun with your pinz
your mention of smokies reminds me of the Lil Smokies we used to have growing up in Newfoundland, i will have to look for some of thosw when i get home.
what is the character "mascot" you have on your dash? i was thinking of starting post with picture of the one i have, when i get home and can locate picture , i don't think i have one with me here at work.
mine is old hand puppit of YODA. It has ridden on the "may the force be with you " handle of my trucks for years .

Pat
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

Hey Ak - yipper having fun :D ...hope to get over to your side of the border this summer...probably on my bike to play some tennis and fish a bit..hope your around then....we will chat when it get's close.

Great day yesterday. snowing lightly plus 2 C...good friends etc etc

I like Yoda - I think it should have read this though " Try not...do or do not....there is no TRY. I think this is the one of the most profound statemments out there.

ANYWAY:

I will take a better picture of him. When I went to St Louis for my TEAM internet business meeting the "FOCUS" of the winter conference was

"OVER COMING OBSTACLES"

So they made this little bobble head guy and named him "Obstacles" with a slash (not sure what it's called) above the "E" and we pronouce it in greek as.

obstocle...eeeeze.

He is great. Everytime I hit an "Obstacle" in my life I just picture him "shaking his head sideways at me" like he does when I drive the Pinz and think of him saying stuff like...."hey you can't do that" "Hey you will never be anything" etc etc. So yesterday I had some obstacles like we all do everyday and I just OVECAME THEM ONE AT A TIME.

Pic of Obstacle's

My dad had some sayings and one was "Life is like a bowl full of cherries, but sometimes it's the pits. But leaders will always rise above them and continue on. Some get buried up to their necks and simply give up. "Jerry never give up no matter what.....EVER......"

Another one is "Life is too short to go through it MAD"...and the other that I try to live my life by is:

(and he was an Atheist" "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" Now I know that's an old one and they will teach you that in church, but my dad never went to church except for Funerals or Weddings, but he lived that statement all of his life to the best of his abilities. He was a great guy wish you guys could have met him.

Anyway the business is going great (should be able to retire in 2 years or less) and I am overcoming "OBSTACLES" everyday like we all do.

Jer Bear