C.U.V

All things not relating to the other forums.
Erik712m

C.U.V

Post by Erik712m »

I guess these question is for europinz. Did C.U.V change names I have seen acouple of the newer pinzgauers on ebay UK lately under a different company name.
ScottishPinz
Great Britain

Post by ScottishPinz »

These folk (Peter Baxter, Gregor McKenzie & Ian McKenzie) Trade under many names C.U.V, Shropshire Gunbus and Mountain and Safari. They also put private adds on ebay from time to time. I have not dealt with them and their diesel conversion and fiberglass hard tops look really interesting. I am a little suspicious of a "company" with so many different company names and also trading as private. Maybe its just good marketing to cover all aspects of the market, or perhaps its a scam?

I'm sure some of the individuals are on this forum so perhaps they can explain!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Several of them are on this and other forum I believe.
Last edited by Anthony on Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anthony
GB
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Thanks they use to sell the TDi nose cone and it is nolonger on there site. ether is the hard top or the deisel conversion. i thought the engine would make a great veg oil engine?
pinzmeister-uk
Great Britain

C.U.V

Post by pinzmeister-uk »

Peter Baxter and Gregor Mckenzie of CUV have parted company. Peter now runs Mountain and safari, and Gregor runs Shropshire Gunbus. All development and engineering work for both of them is handled by us at Pinzmeister-uk. All parts such as diesel conversions, nose cones, hard tops, etc are still available from us. Sounds complicated but it does work, hope this clears up the confusion.
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

pinzmeister-uk, Thanks for responding can you get me close to the shipping cost, for the tdi nose cone to the U.S.. Thanks Erik Scottishpinz if you ever need a dummy for your CPR i'm your dummy :lol:
dumptruckGB
Liechtenstein

Post by dumptruckGB »

Yes CUV finished up in Oct 2006 and the last of the joint stock vehicle was sold in Jan 2008 .Peter and I parted company on good terms and i wish him the best.
Things were a littile confusing for a while as simlar photos from CUV appeared on new websites from myself and Peter and that created some negative press..Pinzmeister (AKA,Nigel ) is still very much part of our work and has (and does) complete some 1st class egineering for ourselves and our customers.

I post on a couple of other forums using my first name "Gregor"

Hope this clears matters up . Also we have plenty of Pinzgauers in stock.
Pinz A ho!!
dumptruckGB
Liechtenstein

Post by dumptruckGB »

One last thing the future of the CUV webiste will be decided soon.

Gregor
Pinz A ho!!
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Thanks Gregor for your reply what is your new web site? Nigel nice website thank you.
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

I have been in contact with Nigel recently, inquiring about the cost of the 712 hardtop kit. He's been very accessible and has returned my emails promptly.

I just got quoted a price for the kit, including shipping, of $3543.50 USD delivered to my house. I still haven't decided one way or the other. It's a lot of ching, and the exchange rate is really crappy right now, and maybe for a while.... On the other hand, a 712K........ ??? What to do?

Paul
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

a price brake for two on shipping? after vince posted the solar fan i have been thinking hard top for camping might be nice
mjnims

Post by mjnims »

At $3,500.00 seems you could find someone here in the states to fab up a custom top. I built the one on my 712 which is a hybrid soft/hard top for a few hundred in material and a couple of weekends. The soft top sides are nice in that I can roll them up and not deal with removeable panels. If I were to make another one I would use the insulated soft top idea for the sides. The insulated hard top sure makes a difference when the weather is bad and the branches/rocks are not as hard on it as they would be on the soft top.
Mike
pinzmeister-uk
Great Britain

C.U.V

Post by pinzmeister-uk »

Shipping cost to Paul in Wisconsin is around $1200, As the shipping is based on the size rather than weight it would cost the same to send 2 tops as it would just 1. Nigel.