Tirfor winch replacement shear pins?

All things not relating to the other forums.
milesdzyn

Tirfor winch replacement shear pins?

Post by milesdzyn »

Just picked up this Tirfor T-516 winch for the Pinz. (4,000lb dead lift rated)

Just wondering if anyone has a source for the replacement shear safty pins here in the USA? It came with one but I would like to get some additional extras.

Miles
Lots of Pinz pictures here.......
http://picasaweb.google.com/pinzgauer.depository.1

'73 Pinzgauer 712M
Profpinz
Australia

Post by Profpinz »

G'Day Miles
"Usually" from factory, there are replacement pins stored in the end of the tubular handle .... Have a look, it "may" save you sourcing some new ones!
Mind you in all the years of using Tirfors (sometimes with two or three person hanging on the handle at times) I've only ever broken one pin!
Peter

1974, 712 6X6 Pinzgauer
1983, 710-1.6 4X4 Pinzgauer
1997, 718 6X6 Pinzgauer (in pieces)
1971, 700 Haflinger
1974, 703 LWB Haflinger
2001, Range Rover

http://www.ozpinz.com
mjnims

Post by mjnims »

Same thing here, I have the black rat version (available in US) and have never broken a shear pin. The unit has recovered several pinzies in trouble with no problems. I wonder how the pins compare between the two units.
Mike
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

ProfPinz....Yes there is one in the yellow handle but I would like to get some more for backups, plus I want to price the original 2 piece handle/lever assembly.

Mjnims....I think the Tirfor T-516 4000lb rated is the same unit as the Black Rat & Tuff-Pull 3500lb rated units, just rated at diffrent limits, possibly due to legal diffrences.

Miles
Lots of Pinz pictures here.......
http://picasaweb.google.com/pinzgauer.depository.1

'73 Pinzgauer 712M
Lightningpinz

Post by Lightningpinz »

Hi Mike, Here at the ski area we have some lifts with the Tirfor winches for moving the terminal, and one has an identical JET brand winch. I've been told it has been there since the mid 90's and works as well as the the Tirfor, now gotta see if I can get one thru the ski area. Maybe see you at Treffen.
mjnims

Post by mjnims »

Lightningpinz wrote:Hi Mike, Here at the ski area we have some lifts with the Tirfor winches for moving the terminal, and one has an identical JET brand winch. I've been told it has been there since the mid 90's and works as well as the the Tirfor, now gotta see if I can get one thru the ski area. Maybe see you at Treffen.
Hope you can make it to the Treffen. I have plans to visit people up I25 this weekend and then up to Leadville around Tuesday. I will be bringing my 710 for fun and as usual will have the Black Rat with me.
Looking forward to seeing you all again.
Mike
ka

Post by ka »

mike, if you're in slc i'd like to meet you and see your rub rails, plus whatever else. possible?
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential