traveling to Denver

All things not relating to the other forums.
krick3tt

traveling to Denver

Post by krick3tt »

I have just been checking the location of pinz owners between here and Denver, only one that shows up is in Frisco close to Denver. Lots of blank space between Suquamish and Denver. I will be leaving here on the 30th.
I am heading south to Beaverton, OR to visit my brother then on 26 to Madras, south on 97 to 31 to 140 and to NV border. I will travel through NV on 140 to 80 east and take 278 to Eureka then 6 to UT border. Straight across UT through Moab (past) and then 70 all the way to Denver.
I would like to go through McCall but the weather is just not in my favor for this trip, Hi Wayne.
I am trying to stay on roads that do not go through mountains if it can be helped. Have to cross the Cascades and the tall range in CO, but not looking forward to them, cold that high.
I will be putting the Pacific Northwest behind me for a move to CO. Looks to be an exciting(?) trip. I have made it several times but not this close into winter conditions.

Cheers,
Morris
chacaocop1

Post by chacaocop1 »

I traveled many times to Snoqualnie and Bellevue. You are leaving a beautiful place for another beautiful one. Plenty of trails and fun to have in Denver.

Sorry I am not in the way...
:cry:
Have a Nice trip.
CHACAOCOP
1973 712M
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

Hi Morris- the weather isn't great for me at the moment either so I'm not offended. Rain on snow is the worst- the skiing/snowboarding is coming to an end and the off-roading hasn't started yet. I'm out of here myself- Guatemala, El Salvador, and Belize! 8)
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

PS- some of the guys here are in Salt Lake.
krick3tt

denver

Post by krick3tt »

Wayne, I am sooooo envious.
I will either be way south or north of SLC, may go by way of 84 but doubt it.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Good day Morris

Have a safe trip and I bet that with the new heater you should be nice and warm even way up high in the mountain.

I wish Quebec city could be on your way :wink:

I miss the good time around that camp fire with a little Boréale 8)

Keep us posted :D

Denis
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

I missed the part about Eureka NV. Take a small detour into Great Basin N.P. it's a beautiful diversion in the desert.
krick3tt

denver

Post by krick3tt »

Denis,

That was a very good time, beer was good and the company better.

Thanks to you Wayne. I am going to try to make this a sight seeing trip as well.
chacaocop1

Post by chacaocop1 »

Denis wrote:Image
Denis:

I like the adaptaion of the tent into the military trailer. Did you do it yourself?

Carlos.
CHACAOCOP
1973 712M
WolfgangK

Post by WolfgangK »

Hi Morris, I am not a Pinz owner from Denver, but from good ol' Germany.

But I will fly to Denver this saturday, spend a few days skiing and then head towards Moab for the week of april 6th (we chatted about this in a separate thread already). The outbound flight is again off Denver.

If you see a crazy guy flashing lights with a rental car that could then well be me :D

I think you have a 710, correct? What color do you have?

Wolfgang
710M
krick3tt

denver

Post by krick3tt »

Wolfgang,

We may have corresponded before, as I recall, it was about your metal cover for your pinz. Excellent work.

I doubt that we will encounter each other as I will not be leaving Washington until the last day of March and it will not be until at least 5 days into April that I will reach Denver. I will probably be past Moab before you get there. That is unfortunate as I would enjoy meeting you.

I drive an 710 OD pinz with black rims and I will be pulling a M416 ex-military OD trailer with a roof-top tent mounted on it. So should you happen to see me, flash away.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Morris
krick3tt

denver

Post by krick3tt »

Denis

Post by Denis »

Good day

Chacaocop1, Yes I did it. If you need more infos PM me.

Denis
krick3tt

denver

Post by krick3tt »

I did notice that there were some differences between the trailer that Denis has (Swiss) and my M416 (US). The Swiss version is 3 inches narrower than mine and that makes his tent fit so much better than it would on the M416.

Also I have a spare mounted under the trailer for the pinz and the 33 inch tyre does not fit under his between the springs as it does under mine.

His trailer has rear stability legs and mine had to be fitted for legs.

The lunette on his is made for the pinz rear stock pintle hook and I had to replace the stock one with a US version to work with the M416 lunette.

I did replace the tail lights on the M416 with lights to match the pinz and rewired it to work with the pinz and install a plug to match the receptor on the pinz.

Cheers