LOOK WHAT MY SON FOUND IN MY PINZ

All things not relating to the other forums.
AK NIMROD

LOOK WHAT MY SON FOUND IN MY PINZ

Post by AK NIMROD »

HE WAS LOOKING IN FUEL TANK
FOUND THIS WAD OF WHAT LOOKS LIKE THREAD AND YARN????? ALL THE DEBRIS ON THE BLUE PAPER TOWEL WAS HUNG UP IN THE WAD?
ka

Post by ka »

looks like the tail end of something that once replaced a lost gas cap. of course it could be some special myterious pinz fuel filter gizmo ... or sumpthin.

dammit, now i have to go look in my tank....
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

Isn't that one of those "super fuel atomizers" that give you 100MPG?
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
pinztx

Post by pinztx »

That is the after-birth of a Gremlin.
Thank you,
Shawn Fluitt
Timekeepers Inc.
Oil Field Gate Attendants Inc.
Tier One Security Inc.
210-413-0340
75 710k
Vegetarian:
Indian word for lousey hunter!
dr4yrk9
Puerto Rico

Post by dr4yrk9 »

looks like your pinzie puked up a nasty hairball!!!
Ed
1974 710 M
1974 712 M
chacaocop1

Post by chacaocop1 »

This is not a surprise. For anybody that calls himself a true Pinzgauer expert this is very easy. This is part of the Kevlar fibers use to made the internal bullet proof protection of the fuel tank. In every Military vehicle this is mandatory... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CHACAOCOP
1973 712M
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

Hi all,

This looks very much like some cotton "tow" or "oakum" (both from my english-french dictionnary... let me know if it doesn't make sense here) that was supplied by the swiss army.

There was alway a small stock of it in the rubberized pouch that contained the jerrycan spout, and the purpose of it was to sponge off any gas spills while filling up the truck or the jerrycan.

Not as colorful as the previous explanations given (and a lot less fun)... and it doesn't tell us why this ended inside your fuel tank... :roll:

Jan
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
Heed

Post by Heed »

or my favorite marketing phrase..."bullet-resistant" :shock:
Bob
1990 - Mercedes G-Wagon 250GD

A goal without a plan is just a wish!
AK NIMROD

Post by AK NIMROD »

Jan, thanx for a bit of pinzgauer trivia I had not heard of that
tow
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English tow- spinning; akin to Old Norse tō tuft of wool for spinning, Old English tawian to prepare for use — more at taw
Date: 14th century
1: short or broken fiber (as of flax, hemp, or synthetic material) that is used especially for yarn, twine, or stuffing
2 a: yarn or cloth made of tow b: a loose essentially untwisted strand of synthetic fibers
Oakum is a preparation of tarred fibre used in shipbuilding, for caulking or packing the joints of timbers in wooden vessels and the deck planking of iron and steel ships, as well as cast iron plumbing applications. Oakum was at one time made from old tarry ropes and cordage of vessels, and its picking and preparation has been a common penal occupation in prisons and workhouses. In modern times it is made from virgin hemp fibers. White oakum is made from untarred materials. The fibrous material used in oakum is most commonly a hemp or jute fiber impregnated with tar or a tarlike substance. This "tar" is not the tar used on streets and roofs, which is really asphalt, but rather pine tar, also called Stockholm tar, an amber-colored pitch made from the sap of certain pine trees.

The word oakum is derived from Middle English okum, from Old English Acumba tow, from A- (separative & perfective prefix) + -cumba (akin to Old English camb comb) - literally "off-combings".

While discussing the appropriate attire for American Supreme Court justices, Thomas Jefferson was once famously quoted as saying, in reference to traditional court dress: "For heaven's sake, discard the monstrous wig which makes the English judges look like rats peeping through bunches of oakum."[
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

chacaocop1 wrote:This is not a surprise. For anybody that calls himself a true Pinzgauer expert this is very easy. This is part of the Kevlar fibers use to made the internal bullet proof protection of the fuel tank. In every Military vehicle this is mandatory... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:roll:
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
Twin Pinzies

Post by Twin Pinzies »

I found an entire intact french language newspaper from Nov, 1981 in my tank... and it was still readable after 34 years of soaking in gas! It was rolled up and stuffed in there on purpose obviously. But why? ? ?
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

I,m English and we would never ask why? of the French....for we have always known that Human beings have more in common with "Martians" than we have with the French!!!! (it,s an old love Hate thing between us and the French, we keep beating them/saving their asses and they hate us for it)
Aiming to introduce UK Politicians to Piano wire and Lamposts!
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

Oy, please don't mix up the french-speaking Swiss with the French... :evil:

We too love to hate the French, which is made easier by a few hundred miles of common border and the same language (well, almost... the French like to pick on the french-speaking Swiss's accent) :wink:

Jan
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M