Spotted: 2 Pinzies in Park City, UT

All things not relating to the other forums.
todds112

Spotted: 2 Pinzies in Park City, UT

Post by todds112 »

I'm in Park City for a Glock armorer's school. Was headed to dinner and spotted 2 Pinzies. Both are 712's. One looks like a M converted to a K. The other looks to be an original K. Both have graphics for Park City TV. Only have my cell phone with me. I'll try to get the pics uploaded.
1973 712M
todds112

Post by todds112 »

1973 712M
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

Thanks for the photos!

I really like the racks, etc. on that yellow one. Very nice looking Pinz.

Paul
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
todds112

Post by todds112 »

Yellow one was an Austrian model. The cage was bright blue (what wasn't rusted anyway). They both looked fairly neglected in person.

The other one was bright red (doesn't look that way in the pic).
1973 712M
ka

Post by ka »

dennis williams drove the BRONZE one from denver area to its home there.
Last edited by ka on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential
michaelh712

Post by michaelh712 »

They are in good shape, but rust from the heavy salt application on roads in the winter is evident. One is a mobile studio that they use for ski events etc.
Michaelh712
michaelh@updc.org
Educational Anarchist
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

I saw Jon Light install the door locks on the red one. Was the first time I saw the improved door uppers.
todds112

Post by todds112 »

michaelh712 wrote:They are in good shape, but rust from the heavy salt application on roads in the winter is evident. One is a mobile studio that they use for ski events etc.
I am so glad they don't use any salt in Jackson. I hate that stuff.
1973 712M
Bruce Berger

Post by Bruce Berger »

My friends have to drag me away from those every time I go skiing in Park City :D
Bruce Berger
'72 Pinzgauer 710M 2.6i
mit Beck-LaGuardia Elektronischer Einspritzung
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

Guys to set the record straight.
We got the "Red bronzy one" from EI in an engine stripped condition and installed a 2,7 engine WITH the correct camshaft under the dog house--Then installed an OD box behind it with lottsa mods and repairs!
I then drove it one morning from Denver to Park City UT, leaving at 5.00 am and arriving around 3.00pm. A trucker came with along me who was having an APU installed in his Volvo rig in my shop. (He hadn't been west of Denver and wanted to go over the Continental Divide.)
We went west on I/70 to Silverthorne then headed nortwest through Craig Co through Dinosaur Co, and crossed into Utah arriving in Park City.--Tired!

The drive was fair and having minimal heat the legs/feet got numb--it was November after all!
The treat after the drive at an Italian style restaurant killing time for the plane back to Denver I got talking to an old Vet who was at Anzio Beach with Gen Mark Clark's lot. The old guy was astonished that I knew about Anzio and what it meant--It was my honour to have such a talkfest with this old fellow who is in fact part of the USA's finest generation, now sadly disappearing.
A memorable trip!
Cheers Dennis
ps Loved the old guy, reminded me of my late Dad!
British 6th Airborne Paratrooper
OOOps no customer bashing now