Red Bul Pinz for sale! Cheap!

All things not relating to the other forums.
audiocontr
United States of America

Red Bul Pinz for sale! Cheap!

Post by audiocontr »

ka

Post by ka »

how did you find that? what search, or ...where?
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

I set up a search on crazedlist.org to search every craigslist accross the country. I then saved it as a RSS feed and plugged it into my Gmail reader. Anytime anyone posts anything on Craigslist with "pinzgauer" in the text, i'm notified immediately.

I've learned a lot about Pinz pricing since then and I've realized i paid too much =)

I've sent an email to the owner. I may have to purchase this one...
chacaocop1

Post by chacaocop1 »

Wow, I know they invested quite a lot of money on that. The engine and transmission has also been modified.
CHACAOCOP
1973 712M
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

This one still has the stock engine/transmission. It was converted to MOTEC though...

I'm very interested but overly cautious. Reading through some previous posts, there is a lot of custom work done to it, including the wheels. May be a HUGE PITA!
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Might be worth it to see if Jim or some one else will inspect for a fee.
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

I'd entertain that

I have a feeling Jim will say he wont touch it with a 10 footer
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

The RTPTs were first being built when I bought my first Pinz( saw the first one being built), and later had a chance to drive one. Extremely heavy trucks ( probably over GVW empty) and a lot of customized wiring. Many of the trucks have had many different shops work on them, so you have no idea of the "mental" thought of those that have engineered or repaired them. Do not expect help from anyone on this group, as most all the work is completely custom. There is a reason for the trucks going cheap, they were a "money pit" to Red Bull.
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

audiocontr wrote:I'd entertain that

I have a feeling Jim will say he wont touch it with a 10 footer
And I wouldn't look at it either!

Think of it as working on a English, German and French engineering all rolled into one vehicle. :? :shock:

audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Thanks Dave... I'll pass!
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

$12K for one of the Red Bull Pinzgauers? That doesn't smell like a killer deal, that smells like, "Danger Will Robinson, DANGER!"

As cool looking as it is, unless you're going to marry into Dave's or Jim's family, I'd steer clear.
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
David Dunn
United States of America

Re: Red Bul Pinz for sale! Cheap!

Post by David Dunn »

audiocontr wrote:My god, i wish i lived in CA...

:shock:
Not very often someone will write that! :lol:

The flip side to the truck is the "parts value". The drivetrain is still a Pinzgauer, and things like the rims were professionally made, and the sum of useable parts would be greater than the truck's asking price ( barring any unforseen damage).

The RTPTs were made for the WOW factor,and that was accomplished,and if you wanted a Pinz for that,well,you have it. Or strip out the interior for a camper.... No matter what, expect a project. I remember reading some of the posts their drivers have made,and pics posted.... not good for a drivetrain long term.

Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

David Dunn wrote:Many of the trucks have had many different shops work on them, so you have no idea of the "mental" thought of those that have engineered or repaired them.
I remember when I was at one of the repair shops. Who was servicing a redbull truck. I over heard one of the mechanics make a comment that the resistor wasn't bringing the voltage down to the levels he wanted and the shop owner replied last part lasted a year they should be happy with that!! :shock:
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

David Dunn wrote:The RTPTs were first being built when I bought my first Pinz( saw the first one being built), and later had a chance to drive one. Extremely heavy trucks ( probably over GVW empty) and a lot of customized wiring. Many of the trucks have had many different shops work on them, so you have no idea of the "mental" thought of those that have engineered or repaired them. Do not expect help from anyone on this group, as most all the work is completely custom. There is a reason for the trucks going cheap, they were a "money pit" to Red Bull.
Well, it's Thursday guys night out. To qoute a famous fiction engineer. " it's been there a thousand years Russ, probably be there a thousand more"

Not sure how the post fits but I bet if you scratch your head long enough you'll find a way. :lol: :lol:
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Not sure how the post fits but I bet if you scratch your head long enough you'll find a way
With your posts, if I don't get them the first time... I figure it's not important enough to waste any more brain cells. :roll: