Recommendations Needed

All things not relating to the other forums.
Peresh

Recommendations Needed

Post by Peresh »

Greetings folks!
I'm looking at purchasing a Pinzer(prefereably a 712) in the next few weeks or so and wanted to ask about the various dealers out there. I've been doing some homework but they off course all sound good but wanted to know if you guys can share some of your experience with some of the dealers out there.

Currently looking at various dealers like swissarmyvehicles, cold war and a few other.

Any help would be great.
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

do a bit of reading. There is a great deal on a 712 in GA right now. I'd jump on it immediately
Twin Pinzies

Post by Twin Pinzies »

Many importers/dealers have stopped selling them since they are no longer available as direct military surplus for importing. You should consider buying one from a private owner... a guy whos wife is forcing him to sell for instance. A lot of them have been modified and "spruced-up" from bone stock form and are still very affordable. Also, it will most likely already have been registered and insured in the US so that part won't be a hassle for you at the DMV.
ka

Post by ka »

pinzee - where are you?
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

already have been registered and insured in the US so that part won't be a hassle for you at the DMV.
Pinzee, I second ka, where are you? Most places, that quote is true. FYI, there is currently a ban on registration of Pinzes here in Wisconsin. We had problems 2 yrs ago, and resolved things. But DMV is again refusing title/registration. Hopefully this BS gets resolved again.

Regarding dealers, from my experience:
I got mine from Patrick at CWR, and he treated me well over the years. But I've read some negative posts here too. ??
SAV has always been terrific to buy parts from. Knowledgeable and fast.
Scott at EI has a great reputation. My dealings with him have been excellent. I see lots of good posts here about him.
Thilo has an excellent reputation. I've had no experience with him yet.

Good luck hunting.
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

undysworld wrote:
Pinzee, I second ka, where are you?

Scratch Scratch? :lol: Looks like Long Island.

http://real4x4forums.com/PinzgauerBBS/v ... php?t=4716

I bought My Pinz From SAV Really pretty much happy with all the Dealers Scott at E.I. seems to go out of his way to help or locate a part. Image
Peresh

Post by Peresh »

Guys I'm up here in New York, Long Island. Any help would be good. I just saw one today here and the guy who owned it was very helpful. I also drove it. I'm hooked off course.

By the way who is SAV? Do they have a website?
ccalingaert

Post by ccalingaert »

SAV is swiss army vehicles in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Web site is http://www.swissarmyvehicles.com/. In addition to selling Unimogs and Pinzgauers, they are a great source for parts.
texas pinzgauer

Sources and resources

Post by texas pinzgauer »

I'm a fan of Thilo Kass in Prescott, AZ (Thilo's Ultimate Offroad) and Swiss Army Vehicles also has a great reputation. Cold War Remarketing has a crappy reputation (check previous posts about folk's experiences with them). Of course Expedition Imports, the advertiser on the forum is an excellent source for parts and potentially vehicles, some of which might already be heavily modified to suit your needs.

I would purchase a Pinz if either Jim Laguardia or Dave Dunn said it was a good clean "known to them" vehicle worth consideration. The Pinzgauer you're looking for is already here in the US and likely owned by a member of this forum so keep your eyes open, check previous posts here and let us know what you're looking for.

Happy hunting.
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I bought mine from Scott at Expedition Imports almost 5 years ago and had it shipped to Wisconsin. He was very helpful and really made me feel confident that I was getting a great truck and answered every question I had. Even took care of some minor issues once it got here.

good luck on your quest

Scooter