LOOKING FOR A STIRLING COOLER

All things not relating to the other forums.
ka

LOOKING FOR A STIRLING COOLER

Post by ka »

way more efficient than an engel, or any other fridge/freezer for that matter. coleman used to make them.

any leads?
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

I have one. Call the museum in Wichita Ks. The last time I was in the store they had them on the west side of the sells counter. http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemanc ... d=5726-750
ka

Post by ka »

wow! unbelievable that i found someone who OWNS one!

so you're saying the museum has one for sale?
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

It's where I bought Mine.

Here is their Info.

Coleman Museum Wichita
235 N. Saint Francis St
Wichita, KS 67202-2609
(316) 264-0836

I will say Coleman's warranty is nothing like what ARB's. I was Pretty impressed When Krickett noted ARB replaced his cooler out of warranty.

But I only payed $110.00 With Tax. :D
ka

Post by ka »

oops - error: the 25 liter stirling cooler sucks 4 amps while the new arb 50 quart sucks 2.3 amps max and an engel 43 quart sucks only 2.5 max!

but $110 is an amazing price for a stirling cooler. damn.

thx for the contact nfo. will check it out.

but this looks gr8:

http://www.arbusa.com/Products/Fridges/20.aspx
1973 710m

krick3tt

stirling cooler

Post by krick3tt »

The cooler that ARB replaced was still under warranty. I think the warranty period is three years, I had mine for less than that. Hopefully I did not misrepresent the deal. They sent me a power supply from the back room (?) from another cooler to fix the problem of mine not working on 12/24v, and it did not work, so they sent me a brand new cooler. It is supposed to work on 12/24v and 120v. Mine died on 12/24 the replacement did not work on 120v so I had an incomplete cooler, per specs.
Whatever/however, I am still impressed with their (Nils) attention to my problem and think that they do right by folks that buy their product.

Morris

Just checked my post and I did say it was out of warranty but I thought like everything else it was only for a year. Nope...three years.
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Many companies realize the influence of the web and forum exchanges on the market place. They know good policies and good deeds don't go unrewarded. Where Morris was originally upset turned into an example of a company doing what they needed to to keep a customer happy. Though, in ARB's case, I've never had a problem, but they help send me in the right direction to find one of their product.
And on the other side ( my own personal rant), after buying 9 new GM vehicles( mostly trucks) in the last 30 years, "Chevrolet Care"(less) dismissed a concern I had with my new truck ( an irritant to me, and soon to peeve my neighbors! ), but no one ever though of it, or if you had only one vehcle would not realize they were setup that way, and can't be reprogrammed. I did a "field modification" to the wiring, that if I didn't , would surely have the sheriff at my doorstep eventually in the middle of the night. :x
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)