TD On Ebay

All things not relating to the other forums.
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Aaaaah, so you don't like it when the finger is poking in YOUR chest! :lol:

Please.. bring the whole village... I've always wanted to find out how accurate the Predator was.... gads, I love it when I can try out a new toy :P

Ya can't be as mean as me and live long without defensive systems :wink:
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

Ya can't be as mean as me and live long without defensive systems
They say its the quiet ones (with pink vehicles) that you have to watch out for...
:lol:
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

David Dunn wrote:
Where I will get the ire of the 712 owners when I say that I don't think they're worth the fetching prices of over $20k.... people are willing to pay that, so that is what they're "worth".
If you are talking about bone stock trucks, I agree completely. However a really nice truck with good modifications (read non-stupid) is worth well over $20K. Remember Dave, although 712s aren't near as rare in the US as your truck, they are still pretty rare.

I believe there are only five 712 Pinzgauers in San Diego County, and two of them are mine and Jim's. 712 prices of late have jumped considerably; ironically, 710 prices have tanked. There used to be only a couple of thousand difference in price between the two; currently, a clean 712 will bring almost double a clean 710. It's all in the availability of the vehicles.
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
pinztrek
Barbados

Post by pinztrek »

pinzwheeling wrote: 712 prices of late have jumped considerably; ironically, 710 prices have tanked.
Not sure I'd say that 710 prices have "tanked", they are still in the same rough range.

Both 710 & 712's saw some inflated values as the auctions ended, and that has come down some. I was a bit astounded at what some folks were paying for both a few years ago.

Pinz's have always been discretionary purchases, and folks have had to stop buying, and in many cases sell their hobby vehicles. This is not unique to the pinz world, it's across the entire hobby car spectrum.

On the east coast 712's carried about a 50% premium over the 710's back in 2000/2001. For stockers that's still about right, in similar condition.

What has happened is that if your poured significant money into upgrades/modifications on either you are very unlikely to get it back in the current economy. Your idea of upgrades may at best be neutral and for some a negative.

I do think a super clean 712 does carry more of a premium than equivalent 710 as it costs half again as much to fix one up. (Tops, brakes, tires, etc)

And from observation, 712 owners are more willing to restore/upgrade. Lot's of box stock 710m's out there! Which is actually kindof nice, better chance of finding an unmolested truck.

Have fun,

Alan
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

pinztrek wrote:
pinzwheeling wrote: 712 prices of late have jumped considerably; ironically, 710 prices have tanked.
Not sure I'd say that 710 prices have "tanked", they are still in the same rough range.
maybe that's not what you're seeing on the East Coast, but here on the West Coast, 710Ms were selling between $12-$14K (bone stock off the boat) to around $16 to $18K for a nicely modded truck a couple of years ago. Now I regularly see them for $10K or less for a stock truck and around $12-$14K for a nicely modded one.

712s seem to have only dropped around $1000-$2000. Of course your mileage may vary... :lol:
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

David Dunn wrote:
Oh, btw, the $75k is a buy it now, I have no idea what his reserve price is, but problably close to $60k..... a previous auction did get it up over $50k without hitting reserve.
Considering he only payed $15k for it. Even if he sold it for $50k it would be better than the average 11% gains in the stock market!

I sure would like to see his build sheet on this pinz considering it still has the stock inside colors. I know how many hours it took me to take my pinz apart and paint it inside and out and still can't see $75k.

By the way mini trucks are legal here now. As there importing mini trucks newer than twenty five years looks like I have room to argue for one of those newer $12K TDs we saw on the forum not to long ago. Just have to call it BIO DEISEL to go along with the whole green thing.

:D
Last edited by Erik712m on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Considering he only payed $15k for it. Even if he sold it for $50k it would be better than the average 11% gains in the stock market!
So if you found a '55 T Bird in a barn somewhere for $200... you'd offer it for sale for $400. :D Call me when you find one
I sure would like to see his build sheet on this pinz considering it still has the stock inside colors. I know how many hours it took me to take my pinz apart and paint it inside and out and still can't see $75k.
In the Big city, they get more than $2 per hour ... even for incompetent help. :wink:
By the way mini trucks are legal here now. As there importing mini trucks newer than twenty five years
Those trucks were being imported new 20 years ago, and they weren't road registerable then. And the used imported ones would be the same, unless someone got the them DOT approved, and the engine certified by the EPA for highway use (which I doubt). I was looking at these trucks in the early 90's. They were being imported then for use at schools, parks and shopping malls for all types of " on property" maintenence and security uses. The engines were ceritified for off highway use only.
Also, that comment is is an oxymoron for logic... I imported the Supacat legally, it still isn't road registerable! The " Special Equipment" license it has allows it for "inconsequential" contact on the road. Those mini trucks fall into the same catagory. States are "suppose to" follow federal guidelines, at the least, for vehicle licensing

M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

***** better chance of finding an unmolested truck. *****

Geez,now I can add molester to my resume' !! :lol: :lol:
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Quote:

So if you found a '55 T Bird in a barn somewhere for $200... you'd offer it for sale for $400. Call me when you find one
So you're saying he payed less than what scott imported it for? :lol: There is a big difference in what you are comparing.

Quote:

In the Big City, they get more than $2 per hour ... even for incompetent help.

There competent help in SOCAL?
I guess your right SOCAL PINZGAUER was based out of that area.

Wichita in general is a small town but the two largest privately owned corporations are based right here! Can only imagine that's for a reason.

Quote:
By the way mini trucks are legal here now. As there importing mini trucks newer than twenty five years

Those trucks were being imported new 20 years ago, and they weren't road registerable then. And the used imported ones would be the same, unless someone got the them DOT approved, and the engine certified by the EPA for highway use (which I doubt). I was looking at these trucks in the early 90's. They were being imported then for use at schools, parks and shopping malls for all types of " on property" maintenence and security uses. The engines were ceritified for off highway use only.
Also, that comment is is an oxymoron for logic... I imported the Supacat legally, it still isn't road registerable! The " Special Equipment" license it has allows it for "inconsequential" contact on the road. Those mini trucks fall into the same catagory. States are "suppose to" follow federal guidelines, at the least, for vehicle licensing
Tagged with the same tag thats on all my vehicles except those with Antique tags!
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Pulled quote out of the tulsa times. (Okla., has a new law that will make them street legal in November.)
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Little more info. http://www.sos.state.ok.us/documents/Le ... B/1998.pdf Look there legal to drive on the highway! Image
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

OK Dave D...he's "your friend" :wink: so perhaps you can answer this.

Bidding ended around $26K which was roughly 1/3 of the way to his "Buy it Now" price. So why do you think he bothers with this whole eBay bidding process?

David
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Erik, If you spent as much time reading my posts and the links you post, as you spend on screwy faces, you'd realized that the Oklahoma Amendment comfirms what I have saying all along ( some states are ignoring or circumventing DOT and EPA laws). It goes into the definition, it says nothing shall prohibit the Tax commission from issuing titles to certain vehicles, or for mini trucks registered pursuant to Section 3 of this act. Section 3 says the Tax Commission will promulgates rules for titling and registration of mini trucks. That section also goes on to say mini-trucks shall not be permitted to travel upon any highway that is part of the National System of Interstates and Defense Highway.

This amendment provides for registration of mini-trucks, provides for certain operation of mini-trucks; providing for codification;and providing an effective date.( their words)

In simple English, the state saw that mini-trucks needed to be dealt with on a state level, and this vehicle could not be driven on any federal highway. AND the Tax Comission had to come up with rules for registering them ( not in this amendment). This amendment went into effect last November 1st.

In California, Special Equipment licenses are how they handle special use vehicles and are still refining the details for NEVs (Neighborhood Electric Vehicles).

Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Sorry but I need to take advantage of the moment! Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image http://www.sos.state.ok.us/documents/Le ... B/1998.pdf

David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

David, I wouldn't know why he keeps on trying eBay.... everytime he does, another thread starts up here that kills any hope of getting a any decent bidding. His first attempt did better than any of the following.. probably because there wasn't so much crap said then. Think how sales for some vehicles here would end up with if there were all the bad mouthing that's gone on about the TD. I don't agree with his price, but said it before, it is his truck. And this new higher "Buy it now" price seems to reflex his latest paint job. If I were to offer the Pink Cow up on eBay, I'm sure I'd get the same questions he got, and I could only answer them the same way.... only I can guarantee re-registration in California, but not in any other state. But, most states probably would, knowing Cal's strict registration practices.( not withstanding Wisconsin, but my Pinz was always a civilian truck, so who knows :? )