Carnage at MogFest

All things not relating to the other forums.
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

What size were the tires on the "Matador", also any mods to the suspension that may have contributed to the carnage? This would be a good reason not to go to large with the tires.

Miles
Lots of Pinz pictures here.......
http://picasaweb.google.com/pinzgauer.depository.1

'73 Pinzgauer 712M
ARVOps

Post by ARVOps »

Miles. Yes oversized tires were a contributing factor. Jim L has subjected proper tire sizes many times on the tire threads.

Kaweeka, PM me and I'll send you the correct link. I don’t think we want RB to watch.
sold 712AMB/M 2.7L Goatwerks Power! UglyDuck living the life in Alaska :(
I am pinzless.
I'm at Poway Jeep If you all need a hook up on a Cummins, Hemi, Or a Jeep. PM me.
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

Since most of you who have gone wheeling with me realize that I tend to enjoy taking the more challenging trails, I think after I get the RTPT back together and running correctly, she will probably be going out for sale. I'll have spent thousands of dollars and countless man hours getting her back to her former glory (not when I got her, but when she actually worked correctly!)

In the mean time, I've decided to build something new to me for the time being; I'll be throwing together a 404 rockmog for me to play with, and Jim will still keep the Ugly Duckling so that we can have both around to play with.

I won't feel near as bad about breaking a Mog vs breaking a Pinzi.

edit: no, I'm not giving up on Pinzgauers at all; they are still my favorite all around off road vehcile. I just can't justify building another 712 right now.
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
EvanH

Post by EvanH »

There should be a tropy awarded for this one. Who needs the Terminator when we have Michael???

-Evan
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

EvanH wrote:There should be a tropy awarded for this one. Who needs the Terminator when we have Michael???

-Evan

ARVOps

Post by ARVOps »

I'm starting the search for a Tatra

That way when Mike breaks the 404, we will already have the next upgrade. :lol:
sold 712AMB/M 2.7L Goatwerks Power! UglyDuck living the life in Alaska :(
I am pinzless.
I'm at Poway Jeep If you all need a hook up on a Cummins, Hemi, Or a Jeep. PM me.
Peresh

Post by Peresh »

Mike,
Feel bad for your mishap! Glad things tuned our ok.
Man!!!, it's great to have Jim there with you. Can't have it better than that. :)