Any Pinzgauers out in the blizzard?

All things not relating to the other forums.
pinzinator

Any Pinzgauers out in the blizzard?

Post by pinzinator »

Have any Pinzgauer owners ventured out into the blizzard that has hit the Eastern USA? I'm sure you would be as popular as a rock star right now in most areas!
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Been out everyday

The majority started Friday. Drove a little but decided to stay in. Saturday, started at noon picking up 5 buddies. We drove around for a while, then picked up 3 girls and another couple. Packed the truck full!!! We listened to old school rap as we drove all over Arlington Va. Lots of attention, lots of photos on Facebook and a GREAT time from restaurant to restaurant.

There was not a time i couldnt get myself out of 3 feet of snow!

The same thing has been going on since Saturday. Out every day, grabbing friends who are snowed in, going sledding, shopping, whatever it takes.

On the bad side, i'm sure rust is gonna pop up. I smacked a tree putting a small dent in the grill under the Pinz emblem, broke off the passenger mirror, busted the D ring off of the side leather straps and cracked the dog house! All and all, well worth it!

Now if I could only sell my 710 for a 712, i could carry 4 more people!!!
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

Please post a few good pictures!
springhill

Post by springhill »

No pictures of recent snows, but have some from years past!
I prefer the mog in snow!
"Growing Old is Mandatory
Growing Up is Optional"
Pinz Enthusiast

Post by Pinz Enthusiast »

You mean that little dusting they got back there, I never heard so much bellyaching about 36" of snow in all my life, we beat their snowfall by more than 2 feet, had all roads into and out of the valley closed with either avalanches or clogged with stuck/wrecked cars and trucks, our chain restrictions were R3 meaning everybody chains up all drive axles no exceptions, by the time roads were opened 5 days later the town was down to 10,000 gallons of fuel and the grocery stores shelves were almost bare, also no mail service what so ever, but we took it in stride, I took the pinz out every day and night and cruzed the main streets pulling out stuck flatlanders, some paid me others didnt, but we had a great time, visibility was down to less than 50 feet or less at times and power went out every time a tree fell across power lines (thank god we have a large generator) , we did get another foot a few weeks later and are expecting another foot this weekend, all in all close to 9 feet in less than 6 weeks, I do have a few pics and will post them later when I get a chance to resize them all.
Eric
Anaheim Hills, Ca
1973 712M
1996 LR Disco I
2003 LR Discovery SE
2003 Holiday Rambler Endeavor MH
hope to get a 1969 Ford M656
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Not to change the subject. John what kind of wear have you seen carring the heavy loads.