Rifle Mounts Front and Rear

All things not relating to the other forums.
roadrash

Rifle Mounts Front and Rear

Post by roadrash »

Very Few rifles/shotguns fit well. Of all that I have tried, M1-Carbines seem to fit perfectly in the passenger section and I've yet to find the perfect fit on the front. I know these were never made for US production rifles/shotguns but with a little bit of work, they can be modified somewhat.

Front is a Benelli M4 12 GA and a AES-10 heavy barrel

Back is a Rem 870 Express mag and an M1-Carbine. Please disregard the messy pile of tools... All were required to fit the mounts in their proper location.

What if anything are others using in their Pinz?

AK's and AR's do not fit either (at least not with the pic rails that I have on the AR's M4-Carbine.
1973 710K
The Ark
wrangler0511

Post by wrangler0511 »

The Schmidt Rubin K31 fits both the austrian and swiss version.
Andre
United States of America

rifles that fit.

Post by Andre »

Both my mausers and Mossin Nagant fit well in all possitions using the swiss mounts. I have seen Austrian versions of the rifle mounts where the floor pocket had a larger pocket mounted above the smaller, swiss ones, and they would accept the AK butt stock as well as the M16-ar type rifles.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
Hersir
United States of America

Post by Hersir »

Indeed, the racks will accomodate a number of rifles and shotguns to varying degrees but were specifically designed for the Swiss infantry rifles of the day, particularly the StG57 (PE57) and K31 Schmidt-Rubin. These rifles weren't replaced until the 1990's with the StG90 (SIG550 series). Knowing how the Swiss tend to keep things in military service for lengthy periods of time I wouldn't be surprised to see that these newer rifles would also fit the weapon racks. I tried out one of my K31's and found it a perfect fit.
1975 710M (Swiss)
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

Hersir wrote:Indeed, the racks will accomodate a number of rifles and shotguns to varying degrees but were specifically designed for the Swiss infantry rifles of the day, particularly the StG57 (PE57) and K31 Schmidt-Rubin. These rifles weren't replaced until the 1990's with the StG90 (SIG550 series). Knowing how the Swiss tend to keep things in military service for lengthy periods of time I wouldn't be surprised to see that these newer rifles would also fit the weapon racks. I tried out one of my K31's and found it a perfect fit.
The newer swiss rifle (Stg90/SIG550) never fitted well in these rifle holders, they were designed for the earlier Stg57, which fitted perfectly.

With the Stg90's foldable stock , most people did not bother unfolding the stock to use the rifle holders and would just put the rifle behind the front seat.
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
westernair
United States of America

Re: Rifle Mounts Front and Rear

Post by westernair »

Anyone have a HK MP5 and have tried fitting it in the front mounts? I am working on a deal right now for an original 9mm unit and one of the SGS .22 knock offs. It would be a bonus if they actually fit in the truck.
Shawn

62 haffy Bantam
61 haffy 4 door

72 710K - Sold
73 712M - Sold
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

Off the top of my head and without measuring anything, I'd think the MP5 is too short for the stock rifle mounts, i.e. with the stock at your feet, on the passenger side, the end of the barrel will not reach the handlebar catch.
Just out of wikipedia, a fixed-stock MP5 measures 31 inches, while the Stg57 that was the base for the rifle mount design is 43 inches, so that's the first thing I'd check.

Hope it helps...
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
westernair
United States of America

Post by westernair »

Damn wikipedia I guess I should have started there. thanks I guess I will be fabbing something as I closed the deal last night.
they will be at my FFL some time next week.
Shawn

62 haffy Bantam
61 haffy 4 door

72 710K - Sold
73 712M - Sold
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

I made a "condom" out of the stuff they slip over plumbing pipes,the foam stuff. It's about 10" long,wrapped in elect tape. Slips over my PS90 barrel,holds well and keeps the toy down low and out of sight with no rattles. 8)
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

I was just messing around with a rear taillight on the Pinz when I figured I would see how one of my rifles would fit in the passenger seat...if I had the mounts installed....

...the G36 might fit....without the optics....

...well, a Ruger 10/22 in disguise.... :mrgreen:
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol