Insurance

All things not relating to the other forums.
Hersir
United States of America

Post by Hersir »

I received a letter from GEICO today informing me they were cancelling my 1-year old policy because the underwriters determined I had a military tank. LMAO--I wish. Called to politely discuss with no sucess. Sounds like my options are a liability only policy with Progressive or State Farm. Anyone have other ideas? Iit's a 710M registered in Nevada as a "Truck Utility" (Code TUT).
1975 710M (Swiss)
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

You'd think a company with a green spokes-lizard would have no problems with insuring a green truck, now wouldn't you?

Perhaps they're just green with envy?

On a serious note, I've always only carried Liability on the Pinz. I couldn't find a Comp policy that I could afford - it would have been just as cheap to replace the truck every 5 or 6 years.

Progressive/Drive has been good to me.
Hersir
United States of America

Post by Hersir »

Thanks, I picked up a Progressive liability-only policy online for a very reasonable price.
1975 710M (Swiss)
krick3tt

Insurance for pinz

Post by krick3tt »

I am covered for everything on the pinz and the jeep through Farmers.
Be my luck to hit a MB full of lawyers on their way to a conference.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
krick3tt

Insurance for pinz

Post by krick3tt »

I am covered for everything on the pinz and the jeep through Farmers.
Be my luck to hit a MB full of lawyers on their way to a conference.

Sorry...can't seem to delete this
Last edited by krick3tt on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
Winter Beater

insurance

Post by Winter Beater »

I'm in Denver and insured w/ Farmers. My agent is Jane Greenburg 303-456-6711. My 712M is a AM general 712 at Farmers - oh well no time to set everyone straight. :P
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

AM general
!!!

Oh God. That's a hoot. I've got an AM General, and it weighs 13,000+ lbs. empty. It ain't no Pinzgauer!!! (deuce & 1/2)

If it was only the DOT, I'd let a sleeping dog lie. But what happens if you get in a wreck? Will they suddenly discover the discrepancy?
Winter Beater

Re: Insurance

Post by Winter Beater »

I did let them know initially, but if the vehicle doesn't appear on a drop down menu ... then get all confused.
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

I have two vehicles insured...one is a Jeep the other is the pinz, listed as 'Other American Car'
Go figure. I told them what it is many times. I have had it insured in CA, WA and now CO. For some
reason CO insurance company can't find it on their pull down menu. I am not impressed with insurance
companies, actually it is the agents that can't figure it out and really don't seem to care.
Hersir
United States of America

Post by Hersir »

I tried Progressive online and they cancelled me after 10 days when the underwriters decided I had a tank in the garage. I then approached a State Farm agent for a liability only policy for a 35 year old Classic Vehicle. They're charging me $68/month--which is high in my estimation. Of course, I worried when the agent spelled "road" as "rode". I finally sent a picture and haven't heard back but not satisfied with the cost. For those with Progressive, did you deal with an agent directly or go online?
1975 710M (Swiss)
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

I recently got my new pinz insured by progressive. They had a problem until I gave them my last policy number. Most of the time, they don't know how to underwrite the policy. My first insurance broker took the time to help classify the pinz thus getting me covered. if you need a progressive policy number to help them familiarize the policy. I have an old one that gave them everything they needed.

But I only run liability insurance and uninsured motorist.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
wanderer

Post by wanderer »

Andre wrote:I recently got my new pinz insured by progressive. They had a problem until I gave them my last policy number. Most of the time, they don't know how to underwrite the policy. My first insurance broker took the time to help classify the pinz thus getting me covered. if you need a progressive policy number to help them familiarize the policy. I have an old one that gave them everything they needed.

But I only run liability insurance and uninsured motorist.

can i get that policy number? i'm having a heck of a time trying to get insurance.
...and now the fun part.

1981 712 amb
wudog

Post by wudog »

Hi all, I have GEICO Ins for my 1974 710M, with both body and property liability, plus uninsured motorist. Plus comprehensive and collision deductible of $500. Also roadside assist and rental too. Cost me an extra $223 for six months. Thats like 30 something bucks a month with all the bells and whistle on the policy. It does states " 1974 Steyr Pinzgauer" on my policy paperwork issued by Geico.,,,Pm for policy Number.

V/R David. :)
USA, Love it or leave, stop bitching.
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

If anyone from Ontario, Canada pops up, I have full insurance with CAA, at a very reasonable rate. It is underwritten by Aviva. It was a struggle to get them to understand, even after a detailed appraisal, but in the end, they just took all of my info, the appraised value and there you have it. Insurance card reads fully "Steyr Daimler Puch Pinzgauer" :)
1972 710m