San Diego Pinzgauer Owner?

All things not relating to the other forums.
Smiley

San Diego Pinzgauer Owner?

Post by Smiley »

Had a smile on my face today. Saw a pinz on the road finally and it wasn't mine. Saw it in my rear view mirror and I figured for sure it was a 710. Flew up and b me making a left turn. Got even more excited when I saw it was a 712. Wish I could have followed it but I was heading back to work from lunch with a few coworkers with me. Anyone on this board own it or have a pinz or haflinger in San Diego? Would love to just meet up with some local guys and see their rigs. Thanks

Smiley
Gear
United States of America

Post by Gear »

I just picked up a 710M. We should do a meet and greet. I am up in San Marcos. Maybe we could converge on Fiesta Island.
Justin Pitcairn

2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon w/
Ursa Minor J30 Camper
Instagram @pitcairnoverland
Jorgo

San Diego 712

Post by Jorgo »

If it was Friday, I was all over san Diego. From sorrento valley in the am to kearny mesa around lunch, then down to old town then sports arena,then back to the office in La Jolla. I've only had the pinz for a few months and love it more every day. thursday was my longest road trip, to Huntington beach and she did great! I must say on the way up, i had the rear footwell packed with boxes and didn't think about the improved noise level until I got it unloaded and got on the road back and thought something was going south because it was so loud. I kept looking at the gearshift thinking i was still in 4th or 3rd and had a flashback to my dad screaming "shift! Shift! Shift! When he taught me to drive 30 yeArs ago. Then i realized i just dropped off all my insulation. I will be sourcing some thick rubber mat asap. Luckily I've been reading this forum for six months, as i had my Bose noise canceling headphones plugged into my iPad and tuned in to pandora for the two hour drive home. Sorry to go off topic there.
Shoot me a PM. I'd really like to get together with any and all pinz owners in sd. I would appreciate the opportunity to sponge some experience and hit a few trails with others that have already been there.
Smiley

Post by Smiley »

Hi Jorgo,

Ya it was you. I was in point loma on Sports arena blvd around 12:30 and you went flying by making the left by vons and sports chalet. Will shoot a pm to you and Gear. Would be fun to just meet up. Thanks for replying.

Smiley
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Damn...you are so lucky still being able to Listen to Pandora!!! they stopped it in UK a couple of years back and it seems to be the same here in Poland....I miss all the good music.
Aiming to introduce UK Politicians to Piano wire and Lamposts!
Gear
United States of America

Fiesta Island Meet and Greet - Jan. 16, 2011 - 12:30 pm

Post by Gear »

San Diego Pinzgauer Owners -- We are having a Meet and Greet this Sunday Jan. 16, 2011. We are going to meet at Fiesta Island on the far North East Corner(outer loop). There should be less traffic back there! Looking forward to it!

All are welcome.

Attending so far -

Jorgo
Smiley
Gear
Justin Pitcairn

Ursa Minor J30 Camper
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

Just an FYI for you San Diego folks. There are probably in the neighborhood of 20 or more Pinzgauers in San Diego county; I have contact info for many of them if you'd like to set up some kind of group/ club/ association/ etc.
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
Gear
United States of America

Post by Gear »

pinzwheeling wrote:Just an FYI for you San Diego folks. There are probably in the neighborhood of 20 or more Pinzgauers in San Diego county; I have contact info for many of them if you'd like to set up some kind of group/ club/ association/ etc.
Thanks Michael, If you know of anyone in particular that might want to join us please feel free to pass the information along. I might get the other names and numbers from you at a later date.
Justin Pitcairn

Ursa Minor J30 Camper
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

I texted / called about 10 people. A few of them (me included) already have plans for the weekend. I might convince the wife to come down for an hour or so, but not likely
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com