New to forum, and hopefullly new owner of a 712 pinzgauer

All things not relating to the other forums.
wanderer

New to forum, and hopefullly new owner of a 712 pinzgauer

Post by wanderer »

Hi, I have been interested in pinzgauers for some time now, and i finally have the money to get one. I am looking at purchasing a 712 ambulance from swiss army vehicles, and i'm wondering if anyone else has dealt with them before?

are they a reputable dealer, with a quality product? any input is much appreciated, and i hope to hear from you all.
...and now the fun part.

1981 712 amb
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

Hi, both Swiss Army Vehicles and Expedition Imports are reputable dealers. As you are located in SoCal, you might want to speak to Scott at Expedition Imports as he is much closer. (located in Vallejo, CA) Not to mention, Expedition Imports is also a forum sponsor.
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

As Michael wrote.
wanderer

Post by wanderer »

thank you for the info, i will check out expedition imports today.
...and now the fun part.

1981 712 amb
NC_Mog

Post by NC_Mog »

Both are good from my experience. You won't go wrong with either.
Kimball
1979 712M
PinzHound

Re: New to forum, and hopefullly new owner of a 712 pinzgaue

Post by PinzHound »

I'm the new owner of the Swiss army reserve 712M that you may have seen on S.A.V.. Being of a suspicious nature and of meager funds, my wife and I drove to Fayetteville to kick the tires and slam the doors. Willy, Sarah, and Sheri all seemed to be good people. Even though we bought the vehicle 'As Is', Willy was kind enough to fix some minor problems that surfaced the first days we drove it (gratis).

Likewise, before making our purchase, we visited Brian at E.I., who sent a good amount of time with us discussing pros and cons of selecting a Pinz. This without any profit motive.

If you check my other posting, and cut through the sarcasm, you'll notice I don't give vendor praise automatically. It's been several months, but I'm still teased about my silly grin when I'm behind the wheel of my Pinz. Good luck with your upcoming purchase.
wanderer

Re: New to forum, and hopefullly new owner of a 712 pinzgaue

Post by wanderer »

unfortunately expedition imports did not have a pinzgauer ambulance in stock, and did not return any of my emails. currently i am looking at a private party sale out of oakland.
...and now the fun part.

1981 712 amb