Pinzgauer overheating on The Unit

All things not relating to the other forums.
pinzwheeling

Pinzgauer overheating on The Unit

Post by pinzwheeling »

I think I saw some posts on this at one time, but it was pretty funny anyway. I just started watching "The Unit" which is now on reruns on UNVHD. There is an episode I watched yesterday where the team is in Iran and they use a Pinzgauer 710M for transport. On the way to their objective, the Pinzi overheats, spewing coolant from the front since the "cooling tower" failed.

Cool to see a Pinzi featured in a show for at least 4 or 5 minutes, just funny how they overheat so badly and spew coolant. :roll:
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
swashplate

Re: Pinzgauer overheating on The Unit

Post by swashplate »

pinzwheeling wrote:I think I saw some posts on this at one time, but it was pretty funny anyway. I just started watching "The Unit" which is now on reruns on UNVHD. There is an episode I watched yesterday where the team is in Iran and they use a Pinzgauer 710M for transport. On the way to their objective, the Pinzi overheats, spewing coolant from the front since the "cooling tower" failed.

Cool to see a Pinzi featured in a show for at least 4 or 5 minutes, just funny how they overheat so badly and spew coolant. :roll:
The one you have quoted is Season 2 Episode 14

There is another episode where 2 710M's are getting chased by the bad guys. Season 2 Episode 17

I have the AVI files since I got the DVD set while over in AFG
Paul Gudmundson

Post by Paul Gudmundson »

if you have ever played the video game smugglers run 2, came out about 9 years ago my 710m was used for the main characters vehicle transport in all the video clips.i think there is also a hopped up one in the game if you get far enough to unlock it only tried it once don't have a playstation also the game play sucked well in my opinion.but was fun beening a extra on the set for that and to put m16's into the gun holders :lol:
OhioPinz

Post by OhioPinz »

It is really any more silly than the rest of the show? I mean really?
spandit

Post by spandit »

pinzwheeling wrote: Cool to see a Pinzi featured in a show for at least 4 or 5 minutes, just funny how they overheat so badly and spew coolant. :roll:
Mine spews coolant. It spews it in through the door edges, the footwells, the windows... :D
--

Robin

Pinzgauer 710K
MegaJolt ignition
(upgrading to MicroSquirt)