Multi Pinz owners - The difference between a 710m and a 712m

All things not relating to the other forums.
audiocontr
United States of America

Multi Pinz owners - The difference between a 710m and a 712m

Post by audiocontr »

Well my 710 is scheduled to leave tomorrow and i had one final chance to drive it around this evening. I'm quite sure I'll miss it! The 710s and 712s have such different personalities! The 710 is this quick, low end powered, maneuverable little monster. Its super easy to turn and great off the line in stock form. The steering wheel spins with such ease of effort. I've found its rather squirrly compared to the 712, but i also think i need to adjust the steering box.

The 712 on the other hand is SLOW, its a beast to maneuver but very stable on and off the road. I can carry more gear in the 712 and the simple fact it has six wheels gets a lot of attention. We had 14 people with us on the 4th, coolers, chairs, etc and the 712 fit them all. No way that was possible in the 710!

I've played with both transmissions in both vehicles and currently have the hi speed transmission in the 712 and standard transmission in the 710. Honestly, i would NOT put a high speed transmission into a 710, its too perfect as is. So much power! The 712 is a dog around town. Then again, i do a lot of 55mph driving so the hi speed transmission in the 712 was a must.

All and all they are very different vehicles with very different uses. I'm starting to think a 712m with a 710k (and air conditioning) may be the best combo yet.

Goodbye 710!
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Re: Multi Pinz owners - The difference between a 710m and a

Post by 4x4Pinz »

I could part with my 710 long before I could ever give up my 712. The 710K just does nothing for me, even with AC. Great truck just does not fit my driving requirements.
Winter Beater

Post by Winter Beater »

I have a 712M and cannot speak for the 710 at all. But I love the room in the back for gear and the stability on ice/snow. For several years I drove an FJ 40 landcruiser in the far north ... too many times I end up ass first in the ditch and a couple times on the roof during winter trips. A square wheel base means front / back and side ways all are the same after you hit black ice at 60 mph.

The 712 is stable. For some places and some folks instability is part of the fun. Long live variety and the ability to choose!
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

and for a more in depth conversation...
http://real4x4forums.com/PinzgauerBBS/v ... highlight=
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
andy

Post by andy »

My 712 actually cruises faster on the highway than my 710 does. Not sure that it is all different tire sizes. The 710 has been a little more reliable, but it apparently didn't suffer the neglect the 712 did in its previous life elsewhere.

Both of them are hard to turn when you are in low and all the levers are pulled down. The shorter turning radius on the 710 comes in handy sometimes.

Both work equally well climbing sharp angle, loose rock, hills with loads in them.

Both ride pretty well, but if I could measure and quantify it with more than the seat of my pants, the 712 is smoother.

The 710 gets 1 to 2 miles more per gallon of gas.
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com