Facebook

All things not relating to the other forums.
texas pinzgauer

Facebook

Post by texas pinzgauer »

I've finally taken the plunge and begun messing around with Facebook. It has actually been useful to get more information on folks I'm doing business with, reconnect with old college and with high school friends too. A link to my home page (I guess that's what it's called) is now part of my signature. If others out there in Pinzville are also active with Facebook, let's get that "friend" thing workin'.

I've also approached Vince about setting up the forum so that it can be "liked" or followed...whatever the lingo is. Perhaps that would be useful for the group, the forum and the vehicle.
Last edited by texas pinzgauer on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
Erik712m

Re: Facebook

Post by Erik712m »

See you do some CX racing. Any road or Crit? I've been driving down to texas every other weekend. Will be at LA Primavera Next weekend. My ride budy just joined Park Place.
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

Nice page - you've been busy keeping it up to date.
I joined a couple of years ago but have been letting it go as of late. It got to be too time consuming. I find it very useful for keeping up on nieces and nephews that I normally wouldn't hear from and also for finding and staying in touch with old school buddies.
I need to get mine cleaned up and switched to the new Timeline feature.

Facebook could be a nice addition to this forum for keeping in touch.
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

I obviously didn't intend for this to become about me but once you can connect with someone on Facebook, you do begin to get some perspective on them. I see how folks can get sucked into it. I have one friend who updates everyone on some really ridiculous stuff (I just dropped my kid off at school, now I'm at the gym, now I'm at Burger King, now I'm taking a nap) and others don't mess with it much.

I think it's potentially very useful for folks with retail businesses (Scott, Jim, Thilo, Carl etc) so they can update customers on deals, events, hiring perhaps etc. Of course keeping up with friends, relatives, school mates etc is what most use it for.

As i mentioned, I did suggest to Vince that he figure out how to "connect" the forum and Facebook as i suspect there are potential owners out there and perhaps even repair resources out there that might benefit.

So if you're on it, share your contact details I guess is the message.
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494