Tapatalk?

All things not relating to the other forums.
berger
Canada

Tapatalk?

Post by berger »

I was curious if anyone here uses Tapatalk to access any other forums they might belong to?

I run two phpBB forums, like this site, and setup Tapatalk after a few members suggested it. Essentially it is a SMART phone app that allows you to view a forum without having to open up the phone's browser. MUCH easier to use. It also lets you post pics from your phone too, which cannot be done on most forums. I now use it for three Ural forums, ADVrider and a local Offroad club. It does cost money for the owner of the phone to purchase the app for their particular phone....iPhone IOS, Android etc, but it is free for the forum owner to setup. Only a few lines of code. There is also no change to the forum as you see it, just a new feature for SMART phone users.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
berger
Canada

Re: Tapatalk?

Post by berger »

Okay...I guess it is a generational thing and I am just so damn young! 53 reads and no responses....point taken.... :mrgreen: :lol:
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

It's OK Berger. I am an old retired guy and even with your super explanation...I had no idea what you were talking about.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
NoahDL88

Post by NoahDL88 »

Sorry, I was one of those 53,

FYYFF

(Also on ADV Rider)

Let me guess, your "other" car is a Subaru?

It never ceases to amaze me the overlap on forums that I'm on for seemingly unrelated hobbies.
1972 710K
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

NoahDL88 wrote:Sorry, I was one of those 53,

FYYFF

(Also on ADV Rider)

Let me guess, your "other" car is a Subaru?

It never ceases to amaze me the overlap on forums that I'm on for seemingly unrelated hobbies.
No worries...I just thought people would like it.

No Subaru, but I am on ADV too....posted my Ural trip blog there... It is a small world isn't it? :mrgreen:
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
Hersir
United States of America

Post by Hersir »

OK, I'll pipe up. I use TapaTalk and love it. Wish all the boards I enjoy used it. It's a very convenient way to access bulletin boards from your iPhone.
1975 710M (Swiss)
spandit

Post by spandit »

I use Tapatalk too, wish it was enabled for this site
--

Robin

Pinzgauer 710K
MegaJolt ignition
(upgrading to MicroSquirt)
Bruce Berger

Post by Bruce Berger »

I'll cast another vote for Tapatalk. I use it when riding in my vanpool to keep up with a number of lists.
Bruce Berger
'72 Pinzgauer 710M 2.6i
mit Beck-LaGuardia Elektronischer Einspritzung
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

Hmmm......I still carry a flip phone...guess I'm out...lol :lol:
1972 710m
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

Hey Vince.

Is there anyway you could take a look at Tapatalk? I find I am on a portable device more and more and using Safari is not very pleasant on an iPhone. Tapatalk makes posting and reading the forum much easier. I have installed it on two forums I run (both phpbb), and it was just a matter of downloading the files and uploading a folder into the forum's root directory. Doesn't cost a dime.

PLEASE!?! :mrgreen:
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
stevo

Post by stevo »

Howdy!
I too am an old guy (just shy of 65) and I also have NO idea of what you're talking about. As for phones though, My flip phone knows how to do LOTS of things; it can take pictures, videos, and it can even send and receive text messages! (I can't, but it can.) Someday I hope to buy a camera so I can put photos of my truck on this forum. But then...that's something else I'd have to learn about. As it is now, I'm a two finger typist.
Cheers, Stevo
No matter where you go, there you are!
westernair
United States of America

Post by westernair »

never used it but willing to try if we get access to it from this site. Some of my other forums I follow do offer it, but as of yet I have not tried it. Does that aplication for the iphone cost anything?
Shawn

62 haffy Bantam
61 haffy 4 door

72 710K - Sold
73 712M - Sold
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

I could do it, but I wonder how many Pinz guys would really use it. If its two people, sorry but I can't justify the time and money. If several think it would be a good thing, I can go into it.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Costs a few bucks for the iPhone app. I just log onto this site in safari and create an icon on my iPhone home screen. Works great.
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

VinceAtReal4x4s wrote:I could do it, but I wonder how many Pinz guys would really use it. If its two people, sorry but I can't justify the time and money. If several think it would be a good thing, I can go into it.
There is no cost to you, other than a few minutes to upload some files. The only cost is to guys who want to use it. Nothing stops them from using a browser too. It isn't that the browser on a SMART phone doesn't work, it is just that it is so small.

Another benefit, and I know some will love it because they have issue with photos, is that it makes posting pics from a SMART device SOOO easy. If you take a pic with an iPhone, you cannot upload a photo directly from the phone using the "browse" button. Tapatalk will let you pull the file from the phone, store it on the site, up to your site limits, or Tapatalk will host it for you and insert an image link. This isn't any different than smugmug or photobucket.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol