Cannon Challenger Gun Safe at TSC

All things not relating to the other forums.
berger
Canada

Cannon Challenger Gun Safe at TSC

Post by berger »

Hey Guys.

Not a Pinz topic...:D...but I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with Cannon Gun Safes?

Cannon Safe

I just bought the Cannon Challenger 24-Gun Safe sold at TSC stores in the US, (heading to Ogdensburg to get it) because it is on-sale right now. I know it isn't a Fort Knox safe, but for the money and features, the equivalent safe close to me is about double.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
stevo

Re: Cannon Challenger Gun Safe at TSC

Post by stevo »

Howdy,
I purchased a Cannon Safe at the Great Western Gun Show at the L.A. County Fair grounds in the mid 80's. (Back when L.A. County allowed gun shows) At that time it was manufactured in El Monte, Ca. It doesn't have any mdl.#, just a ser.#. It's 30"w x24"d x67"h. Has a manual combination lock (not electronic) and it is REAL HEAVY. I've moved two times since I got I and had to rent a truck with a lift to get it moved. It is solid as can be.
Cheers, Stevo
No matter where you go, there you are!
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

You do know you will have problems getting 24 long guns in that without marring them. The safe you listed is 20 x 26 x 60 ext. I have a 24 x 30 x 60 ext. safe and 24 long guns is a tight fit even with bolts removed. Always buy a larger safe than you need. This is the one you want http://www.tractorsupply.com/-3910084 :mrgreen:
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

Thanks guys.

Ya, I figured I would need larger....8 rifles larger, so I should be good. The wife wants the closet back, so i needed something that stands on its own! :mrgreen:
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
stevo

Post by stevo »

Howdy,
While I'm sure that your dimensions of your safe are correct, as I said, I purchased mine in the mid-80's. Over the years, I think that the Cannon Safe Co. possibly changed their safe sizes to accomodate customer demand. Having read your reply, I decided to re-measure my safe; however, this time I did interior dimensions-not the exterior. Width:29.5" - Depth:22" - Height:65"
There is a top shelf which measures 29.5" wide x 22" deep and five shelves which measure 10" wide x 21" deep. There is also a large cavity which measures 18.5" wide x 21" deep x 53" in height. Sorry I didn't make my reply clearer.
Cheers, Stevo
No matter where you go, there you are!
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

Stevo I was commenting on the one Berger is buying, its substantially smaller than yours. Sorry for the confusion.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.