67 SAAB coupe

All things not relating to the other forums.
norcal pinz
United States of America

67 SAAB coupe

Post by norcal pinz »

i found this car for sale . i kinda like it , anybody here know anything about this car ? i have never seen one before.
http://humboldt.craigslist.org/cto/3849473704.html
710M 1972
710k 1974
edzz
United States of America

bad post

Post by edzz »

double post
Last edited by edzz on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edzz
United States of America

Re: 67 SAAB coupe

Post by edzz »

Heard any good Sabb story’s lately? :lol:

Sabb 96’s were a popular rally car at one time. My sister had if I remember correctly a 1976, it saw a lot of dirt roads pre running rally stages or just out playing on back roads in the Pacific North West. Not your typical idea of a sports car however they could be driven quickly on mixed terrain. Was a good snow car, front wheel drive. The one you are looking at in the listing is early enough that it is most likely a 2 stroke motor (the later ones like my sister had a four stroke V-4) if I remember correctly you had to add the oil to the gas, don’t believe they ever had oil injection. Four speed on the, column and a strange feature for the transmission, it had a control located if I remember near the gas pedal that would put the transmission in a freewheel mode, think like a bicycle, when going downhill and took your foot off the gas you would see the rpm drop to idle and the speedometer increase as though you had slipped it into neutral. With a two stroke motor that depended on fuel oil mixture for engine lubrication it was a good way to keep from seizing motors due to lack of lubrication. the freewheel feature was retained even after they went to the 4 stroke. Another nice feature was being able to lean the back seat back forward and having enough space to stretch out and get some sleep.

look here for rally photos http://www.google.com/search?q=saab+96+ ... 66&bih=599
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
Thomas-E

Post by Thomas-E »

What a trip...a dear old friend of mine (bless his soul, he passed on two years ago) had a 1966 Saab. That 2 stroke was a 3 cylinder :shock:

Another friend had a 4 cylinder. Brings back some dear memories.
Thomas E.
Sonora, CA
712 Camper
[img][url]M:\avatar\DSCN0010%20(Custom).JPG[/url][/img]
norcal pinz
United States of America

Post by norcal pinz »

the guy said this one is 2 door coupe and it has the V4 4 stroke engine , he also said it was the first front wheel drive to sell in America. i might go and look at it he is asking 1200 seems like a good price . and he said its not missing anything does anybody know if there are parts for this car ?
710M 1972
710k 1974
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker