Pinz mechanic

All things not relating to the other forums.
Cruiser68
United States of America

Pinz mechanic

Post by Cruiser68 »

I am in need of some advice. I need to find a mechanic or someone in the know of the ways of a Pinz. I was thinking of hauling my truck to CWR( Cold War Remarketing). But do to positive and negatives I'm not sure. I happen to live on the western slope of Colorado. I'm 250+ miles from CWR. Close to Grand Junction.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Alan. :mrgreen:
mopar
United States of America

Re: Pinz mechanic

Post by mopar »

Try Dennis at Llinden engineering in Golden, CO. He's always helpful on the phone and very knowledgeable plus he tells good stories also.
I'd think he's about about the same distance but someone always answers the phone and dennis will return phone calls. Great chap!

http://www.lindenengineering.com/

1974 712M AKA the Banana
1974 710M AKA the project truck
1987 718M Now Sold
1975 Volvo TGB1111 Now Sold
1973 Pinzgauer 712M x2 Now Sold
1963 404S Now Sold
undysworld
Norway

Re: Pinz mechanic

Post by undysworld »

Second vote for Dennis!!

I actually bought my truck from Patrick at CWR, back when Dennis worked out of the rear of the same building. The deal was that Dennis would provide me with ongoing phone support, once I brought my truck back to Wisconsin. Eventually, Patrick and Dennis both went their separate ways, for various reasons which I prefer to leave them to disclose. But Dennis has never failed to return my calls, nor answer my many questions, and besides that he's a fascinating guy to talk with.

I know others through the years have badmouthed him, and I believe Pinzgauers are no longer his main brand. But he'd absolutely be the first guy I'd call if I were you.

If you call, please pass along greetings to both he and his wife for me. Thanks.

Paul Underwood